Academics & Remote Education
Kean University is conducting remote education at all campuses this summer in accordance with the governor’s executive order. Although COVID-19 is disrupting our lives and method of instruction, it will not change the mission of this institution to deliver a world-class education to our students.
Computer and Internet Support: email@example.com
Disability Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Aid & Scholarship Services: email@example.com
Applying for CARES Act Grants
Kean University received funds through the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act to provide emergency grants to students whose educational expenses were impacted by the coronavirus public health emergency.
Kean University will award one-time grants to eligible applicants. To qualify:
- You must have been enrolled as a Kean student in good academic standing on March 13, 2020, the day the national emergency was declared in the U.S.; and
- You must have experienced a financial hardship(s) during the Spring 2020 semester due to the COVID-19 global pandemic and its devastating impact on the economy and the health of U.S. residents, including the required immediate change to remote delivery of higher education services; and
- You must have successfully completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2019-2020 and/or 2020-2021 school year. (Students must meet the basic eligibility requirements to receive Federal Student Aid. If you haven’t already, complete the FAFSA for the 2019-2020 and/or 2020-2021 school year.)
Based on guidance from the U.S. Department of Education, the following students are ineligible for these emergency grants:
- International and undocumented (DACA) students are not considered eligible as they are noncitizens under the basic requirements for Federal Student Aid.
- Kean Online students who were exclusively enrolled in an online program in Spring 2020.
To apply, Kean students must log into KeanWISE and complete the online CARES Act Emergency Relief Grant Application, located under the Financial Aid Self Service link. Applicants will receive their notice of eligibility within seven (7) business days of applying. Eligible applicants will receive additional information on viewing their award and receiving the funds.
Award amounts will vary, based on each student’s unique circumstances. Kean is committed to distributing the CARES Act funds it has received expeditiously to as many eligible students in need as possible.
The deadline to apply for the CARES Act Grant for Spring 2020 is June 30, 2020. However, applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis and may be exhausted before June 30. Students may only submit one application.