What Is The GS-LSAMP?
The Garden State LSAMP program at Kean University provides support services at all levels to help New Jersey students interested in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) fields to become successful STEM majors, graduate students and professionals.
Benefits of GS-LSAMP
Kean University GS-LSAMP scholars have access to valuable resources to help them earn a degree in a STEM field. Graduates are well prepared to pursue graduate studies and to succeed in the increasingly competitive global job market. LSAMP includes:
- Learning Community of students who help each other succeed
- Counselors who help students choose courses and programs of interest
- Stipends for tutoring, study groups, research and community service initiatives
- Hands-on research experiences using Kean’s state-of-the-art laboratories on campus
- Access to the greater LSAMP community through conferences and networking
- Internship support and opportunities
- GRE practice workshops
- Graduate school preparation assistance
- Career development training and resources
GS-LSAMP scholars may also qualify to earn financial support to participate in international programs. The “Bridges to the Doctorate” program allows students to take classes at any one of a number of universities, provides exceptional financial support for two years, and supports students throughout their graduate careers.
Montclair State University, William Paterson University, Bloomfield College, Farleigh Dickinson University
Rutgers-Newark, Kean University, New Jersey City University, Essex County College
Rutgers-New Brunswick – School of Arts and Sciences, School of Engineering, School of Environmental Biology and Sciences