Kean Students: Get on Board with a 25 Percent Discount on NJ Transit Monthly Passess
New Jersey Transit has partnered with Kean University to offer fulltime students a 25% discount on their monthly bus, train or light rail pass.
To sign-up and become a special Quik-Tik student discount member:
- Log onto KEANWISE
- Located in “Other” section is a link to the NJ TRANSIT Discount programs
- Fill out the secured online enrollment information (student pin, user ID, etc.)
- Submit and then it will take you to NJ TRANSIT’s “Quik-Tik” page
- Buy your pass by the 10th of the month for the following month (for example, place your order by September 10th for your October pass)
The NJ Transit monthly pass should only be purchased for travel to and from school. The NJ Transit Quik-Tik Department has advised NJ Transit that some of the students enrolled in the program are purchasing passes to travel to other destinations. For instance, a student who lives in Cranford NJ, and is attending Kean University in Union, should not be purchasing a monthly pass to New York Penn Station.
Any abuse or purposeful deception when purchasing the pass will result in the cancellation of the student’s monthly pass account, and (s)he will be unable to participate in the program in the future. Please contact the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs at 908-737-7080 with any questions or concerns.
Full-Student interns, who are enrolled in the university full-time, may purchase a student monthly pass as long as the internship is through the school as part of a program to obtain a degree, it is an unpaid internship, and the school is in NJ, NY or PA. The school must write a letter on school letterhead stating that the internship is a required part of the school program to obtain the student’s degree.
Existing Quick-Tik Users
If you are an existing Student Quik-Tik customer, all you need to do is reactivate your account. Here's how:
- Log into to KeanWISE, click on Other Services, then NJTRANSIT Quik-Tik and select Reactivate Monthly Pass.
- You will be taken the NJ TRANSIT's Quik-Tik main page. Enter required information.
- You are now at the "Account Summary" page. Scroll to the bottom to see your status information.
- Click on "Change Status."
- Click on "Reactivate previously suspended monthly pass mailing" and click on the submit button. After your account is reactivated, you will again receive monthly passes each month on an automatic basis until next May. You must enter Quik-Tik from to reactivate your account. If you have any questions regarding reactivating your account, please contact us at 1-866-Quik-Tik.
NJ Transit Contact Information
- Main Number: 973-275-5555
- NJ Transit Police: 1-800-242-0236
- Security Hotline: 1-888-TIPS-NJT
- Lost and Found: 973-275-5555
- NJ Transit Website