It’s 1776 and you must decide either to risk your life with William Livingston, elected New Jersey’s first governor and builder of Liberty Hall, as he declares New Jersey in rebellion from the British Empire or stand with William Franklin, New Jersey’s royal governor, as he fights to keep New Jersey loyal to King George III. Using period newspapers and documents, museum educators dressed in period clothing will transform your students into citizens of New Jersey in the 1770s. The program concludes with the students being asked to sign, with a quill pen on parchment, one of three oaths: Loyalty to the King, Loyalty to the Patriots or To Remain Neutral.
From Crown to Country Details
- School Reservations: Monday - Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Recommended Grade Level: 3 and up
- Program Length: Minimum 2 hours
- Group Limit: Up to 130 Students (for larger groups, please inquire)
- Admission: $10.00
- 1 free adult for every 10 students, additional adults are $12.00 each
Book Your Trip