The university requires that all full-time students have health insurance. Full-time students must either waive with proof of insurance or enroll and be responsible for the premium. The enrollment/waiver period is from June 1 to September 30 (December 1 to February 28 for Spring entry). Coverage extends from August 15 to the following August 14 and costs $1,480 for undergraduate students and $2,150 for graduate students. The cost for students starting in the Spring semester is $918 for undergraduate students and $1,330 for graduate students. Please contact UnitedHealthCare for any questions about coverage at 1-800-505-4160 or for brochures at www.firststudent.com. Only full-time students are eligible to enroll. This insurance is through UnitedHealthCare and can be used outside of Kean University.
- If you have coverage, you must waive the insurance or pay the premium.
- If you receive the insurance, you must enroll online to print a card to use the plan effective 8/15. Failure to enroll online will result in a delay in getting your card and using your plan.
- If you drop to part-time status, you will lose your coverage.
- Waivers/Enrollment forms CANNOT be completed after the deadline.
- Full-time Students who do not complete a waiver will be responsible for the premium.
- UnitedHealthCare does not grant refunds.
In Order to Enroll or to Complete a Waiver, You Will Need the Following:
- Your current health insurance plan ID card, student ID number, and date of birth.
- Visit www.firststudent.com.
- Click Kean University under the “Find Your School” drop-down menu.
- Click the “Enroll” or “Waive” link and follow the directions.
- If your name is not recognized in the website, call Computer Services at 908.737.6000 and request that they forward your account information to the Partner Center website.
For Further Information
Policy and coverage questions: UnitedHealthCare, 1.800.505.4160 or www.firststudent.com.
Billing Questions: Student Accounting, 908.737.3240