The Kean Ocean Campus Life office is located on the second floor of the Gateway Building in rooms 215 and 213 on the Kean Ocean campus in Toms River, NJ.
Student Employment Positions Available
The Office of Campus Life at Kean Ocean is currently accepting employment applications for two undergraduate student positions.
- Involvement Specialist: An involvement specialist is an undergraduate student worker position that works towards building a culture of campus involvement at Kean Ocean. The Involvement Specialist will work with and report to the Managing Assistant Director of Kean Ocean Campus Life, or designee, to increase awareness of student programs and services available to the Kean Ocean campus community and assist student groups with programming, recruitment and administrative processes.
- Staff Writer/Involvement Specialist: The Staff Writer/Involvement Specialist will assist promoting and developing campus life at Kean Ocean and will be a staff member of The Cougar's Byte, Kean University's student newsletter. The Staff Writer will contribute articles for publication related to Kean Ocean campus information, Kean Ocean student, staff and student group features and report on campus events and activities.
Both student worker positions are based out of the Kean Ocean Campus Life office in the Gateway Building, room 215. Training may be provided at the Union campus and occasional travel to Union, although rare, may be required.
Basic position requirements include:
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate student at Kean University and maintain enrollment status as a student during the term of employment.
- Must have at the time of application and maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average during the term of employment.
- Must be free of student conduct probation with restrictions in residence, University-wide disciplinary probation or higher level disciplinary sanctions (University-wide probation with restrictions, suspension, or dismissal) at the time of application and during the term of employment.
Interested students can apply online through Cougar Link by clicking here. Before being able to access the online employment application, you must login using your Kean Google username (without "@kean.edu") and password. If you experience complications accessing or completing the application, please email Cougar Link support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Programs and Services
Resource Literature Available
- Health Services
- Office of Counseling & Disability Services
- Office of Community Standards & Student Conduct
- Student Group Development
- Co-Curricular Transcript
- The Cougar’s Byte
- Leadership Programs and Training
- Community and Volunteer Services