Transfer Application Instructions
Thank you for your interest in Kean University. Below you will find application instructions for transfer students. Please note students who earned 15+ college credits are required to apply as a transfer student.
If you are an international applicant, please visit our International Application Instructions page.
A complete application consists of the following items*:
- A submitted online application.
- Official (sealed envelope) transcripts submitted from every college and post-secondary school attended.
- A non-refundable $75.00 application fee. Application fees may be paid through the online application by credit card or debit card. Alternately, the fee may be paid by check or money orders made payable to Kean University and sent to the address below.
- International students (i.e. those who require an I-20 Form, including those on F-1 Visas to study in the U.S.) must also complete the International Student Application Supplement.
* = Please review the additional application requirements for consideration into the following programs:
Further, please note the following:
- Incomplete applications and submitted applications received without transcripts will not be processed for decision.
- Transfer credit will only be awarded from institutions listed on the application at the point of admission. Any institutions not listed will nullify the potential transfer of those credits.
- Deliberate omission of an institution attended to conceal poor performance will result in withdrawal of an admission offer.
|If you are applying to the Union location, all documents must be sent to:||If you are applying to the Kean Ocean Location, all documents must be sent to:|
Office of Admissions
1000 Morris Avenue
Union, NJ 07083
Transfer and Readmission Student Services
Gateway Building Room 103
P.O. Box 2001
Toms River, NJ 08754
Coming Back to Kean? (Readmission)
An application for readmission is required for previously enrolled students (in good standing) who have not attended Kean for two or more consecutive semesters. To learn more about the Readmission process, please visit the Office of Student Success and Retention.
Applicants for Second Baccalaureate Degree
Transfer applicants that already hold a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited four-year U.S. college/university or foreign equivalent, will need to complete the same Transfer Student Application Instructions listed above. Please also carefully read the information below.
Second Baccalaureate Degree Requirements
- You must have a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited four-year U.S. college/university or the equivalent from a foreign university. The equivalency of the foreign degree must be verified by an NACES accredited evaluation agency (see above in Application Instructions).
- Your GPA from your baccalaureate degree-granting institution must meet the minimum GPA requirement for the specific major desired. Minimum GPA's required range from 2.0 to 3. depending on the major.
- You will also be subject to any other requirements or special procedures in effect for admission to the major program you select (e.g. portfolios for design majors).
- Not all major programs offer second degrees. For example, Second Degrees in Education majors are not offered. Interested students should change the way you are applying from Transfer to Post-Baccalaureate Teaching Certification in the Academic Intent section of the online application.
- You cannot work on your first and second baccalaureate degrees simultaneously.
Second Baccalaureate Degree Completion Requirements
- You must complete all academic major requirements and all "cognate" or "additional required courses" that support the major and any lower-level prerequisites for those courses, if applicable.
- You will be granted Advanced Standing Credits for all Free Electives and General Education (GE) requirements - except for GE courses that are prerequisites, if applicable.
- Transfer courses may be awarded toward the Second Degree major; however, you must complete a minimum of 32 credits, including at least half of the major requirements, at Kean after admission to the Second Degree program.
- Once accepted to the Second Degree program, all coursework must be completed at Kean University.
• International Prospective Student Forms & Information
• Kean University Office of Residence Life
Kean University Summary of Transfer Credit Policies
Printable Version of Kean University Summary of Transfer Credit Policies
Admissions Appeal Request
Requests for reconsideration of the Kean University Undergraduate Admissions Application must be based upon new academic information (that was not available at the time of the original decision and) which shows a significant improvement as compared to credentials previously submitted.
If you would like to appeal your admissions decision, please email:
Carlos Nazario, Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions email@example.com