Federal Work Study
The Work-Study Program provides jobs for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay educationally related expenses. The program offers jobs on-campus and with off-campus community service agencies. Students are paid on an hourly basis and can work up to 20 hours per week. The program is available to both graduate and undergraduate students. Work-Study applications are available at the Office of Financial Aid.
Federal Work Study program positions are available only to students eligible for financial aid. Eligibility criteria:
- Complete all federal verification requirements (if applicable)
- Have "financial need" as defined by federal financial aid criteria.
- Submit FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Meet standards for SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress)
- Register as a matriculating student.
FWS Application Process:
- Please submit the FWS application to the Office of Financial Aid.
- Students must then schedule an appointment with the FWS coordinator. *Note: We must have your FWS application on file before you schedule the appointment.
- For more information, please see our FWS Fact Sheet and our Employment Agreement form
- There is a limited number of available jobs and the positions are filled quickly.
Available FWS jobs for the 2014-2015 semester include:
- General Office Work
- Off Campus Based Community Service Positions
- Event Staff
- Research Assistants
- Computer Lab Attendants
- Some positions may not be available at the time your interview is held.
*Please note : All FWS positions are part-time with a maximum of 20 hours per week. All positions will remain open until filled.