Student groups may reserve meeting spaces through Virtual EMS, Kean University’s online room and space reservation system. Please note that student group leaders may only reserve meetings directly in Virtual EMS and events or programs must be submitted through the event submission feature in Cougar Link.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR RESERVING MEETING SPACES:
To reserve meeting spaces in Virtual EMS, please follow these steps:
- Go to Virtual EMS – accessible online at http://events.kean.edu (please save this link as a favorite).
- Select “My Account” and click “Log In”.
- Enter your Kean Google username (without the “@kean.edu”) and password and click “Login”.
- If you have previously set up your account, please skip to step 6.
- If you have not set up your account yet, please proceed to step 4.
- Set up your Virtual EMS Account:
- Confirm your email address
- Confirm your full name
- Enter your contact phone number (optional)
- Enter your fax number, if applicable (optional)
- Enter your time zone (Kean University’s main campus is in the Eastern time zone)
- Enter any applicable notes (optional)
- Identify how you are affiliated with Kean University: select “Student”
- Identify which University group/department/unit(s) or organization you are affiliated with: type in your organization(s) name(s)
- Click “Save”
- Once your profile is saved, it will be marked as “Pending”. Once your identity and student group executive board affiliation is confirmed, your Virtual EMS Account should be approved by the University Center Operations & Event Management Office within 24 hours of your submission. If your account is not confirmed within two (2) business days, please contact the Miron Student Center Operations & Event Management Office at 908.737.5200. Once your account is approved, please login to Virtual EMS and proceed to step 6.
- Select “Submit a Request” and click on “Request an Event/Meeting”.
- Enter the date, start time and end time. If the event is a reoccurring event, like a student group meeting, click on “Recurrence” and enter the recurrence information (ex: weekly on Tuesdays, every 2 weeks on Thursdays, etc.) and click “Apply Recurrence”.
- Select the University facility from the “Facilities” dropdown menu (ex: Miron Student Center).
- Enter the set-up information by entering the estimated attendance (note that attendance affects your room location options due to occupancy) and your desired set-up type (set-up type descriptions for the Miron Student Center can be found online at http://www.kean.edu/admin/uploads/pdf/UCA_SpaceLayout.pdf).
- Click “Find Space”.
- All available spaces will be displayed. To select a space, click the “green plus sign” to the left of the room location name in the available locations list. Once selected the room location will move to the “selected locations” section.
- Check the box at the bottom of the center window stating that you “have read and agree to the terms and conditions” once you have clicked the link to view and read the terms and conditions.
- Click “Continue”.
- Enter the “Event Details”:
- Enter the “Event Name” – include your organization’s name in the event name (ex: ABC Club General Body Meeting or XYZ Chapter Meeting).
- Select the “Event Type” – “Meeting” or “Recruitment”.
- Enter the “Group Details”:
- Group - Select your applicable group from the drop down list.
- 1st Contact - Enter your contact information or select it from the drop down list.
- 2nd Contact - Enter your staff representative’s contact information or select it from the drop down list.
- Complete the “Other Information” section with all applicable information. Please be as detailed and thorough as possible. Any field with a red asterisk (*) is required and must be completed.
- Complete the remaining sections, if applicable. These sections will allow you to reserve AV equipment, table skirts, etc.
- Enter any special requests or instructions in the “Event Notes” section.
- Enter your Cost Center in “Billing Information”. If unknown or your organization does not receive university funding, please enter “N/A”.
- Review your information and click “Submit Request”.
- Your meeting request will be submitted electronically to Conference and Event Services and the University Center Operations & Event Management Office. You will receive electronic notification regarding the status of your event.
If you have any questions regarding Virtual EMS or the status of your student group meeting request, please contact the University Center Operations & Event Management Office, located in University Center, UC-6, by calling 908.737.5200.
To advertise and promote your student group meetings, your organization should also submit a Cougar Link event submission for each individual organizational meeting. Your Cougar Link submission will not be approved until your Virtual EMS event submission is approved and your room is reserved. A Cougar Link event submission will allow prospective members to find out about your meetings and transmit your meeting information to the University plasma screen network.
Virtual EMS Meeting Reservation User Guide
To view a step by step user guide to reserving meeting spaces in Virtual EMS, please click here.