Applicants seeking a graduate degree (doctorate, professional diploma, master's) should click here to learn more about graduation and/or certification requirements. Office of Graduate Student Services, East Campus, 218A 908-737-5910; e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org
Final deadline for filing the graduation and/or certification application
First Friday in October for January graduates
First Friday in February for May graduates
First Friday in March for August graduates
All undergraduate students who have completed 82 or more credits will be emailed information for the 2017 graduation application in the end of March for January 2017 candidates and the end of July for May and August 2017 candidates. Please review the graduation instructions below. Contact the Office of the Registrar at 908-737-3290 for additional questions.
- Paying Graduation Application Fee By Mail
- Sample Curriculum Guidesheet
- Final Checklist
- Teacher of the Year
SUMMARY OF INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING GRADUATION APPLICATION FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
• Complete Degree Application (sent to you in mail)
• Fill out your Curriculum Guide Sheet in ink. (Click here for sample Curriculum Guidesheet) Obtain guide sheet from Major Department and obtain signature of Major Department Chairperson or Executive Director.
• Review your degree requirements with a Faculty advisor in your Major Department
• Complete second major/academic content area/minor/collateral guidesheet with signature of Department Chairperson or Executive Director. (Academic Content Areas are for Education students only)
• Pay the required graduation fee and attach your receipt to your application
• Obtain all required signatures
• Submit by the published deadline
UNDERGRADUATE GRADUATION DEADLINES FOR 2017 CANDIDATES
Applications received by the following early deadlines will be evaluated prior to the Add / Drop registration of your final semester. You will be notified ONLY if there are any problems. Please note that this “ Early Evaluation” will provide an opportunity to clear problems affecting your graduation date.
EARLY SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR EVALUATION
APRIL 27, 2016 FOR JANUARY 2017
SEPTEMBER 21, 2016 FOR MAY AND AUGUST 2017
Applications received AFTER the above early submission dates will be accepted for the appropriate graduation dates, but will not have the privilege of “Early Evaluation.” These applications must be mailed or brought into the Office of the Registrar by the following dates:
FINAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR LATE FILING OF APPLICATION
SEPTEMBER 14, 2016 FOR JANUARY 2017
JANUARY 19, 2017 FOR MAY AND AUGUST 2017
SUBMISSION OF GRADES
Incomplete grades, all grade changes, repeat grade recalculations and pending transfer credits must be completed and posted to your record no later than two weeks after the graduation date. For January 2017 degree candidates the deadline is February 2, 2017. For May degree candidates the deadline is June 1, 2017. For August degree candidates the deadline is September 1, 2017.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to participate in May 2017 Commencement ceremony, all required coursework must be completed by the end of Summer II 2017.