Applicants seeking a graduate degree (doctorate, professional diploma, master's) should click here to learn more about graduation and/or certification requirements. Office of Graduate Student Services, East Campus, 218A 908-737-5910; e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org
Final deadline for filing the graduation and/or certification application
First Friday in October for January graduates
First Friday in February for May graduates
First Friday in March for August graduates
All undergraduate students who have completed 82 or more credits will be emailed information regarding the 2018 graduation application by the end of March for January 2018 and the end of July for May and August 2018. Please review the graduation application instructions below. Contact the Office of the Registrar at 908-737-3290 with questions.
- Paying Graduation Application Fee By Mail
- Sample Curriculum Guide Sheet
- Final Checklist
- Teacher of the Year
SUMMARY OF INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING GRADUATION APPLICATION FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
- Print and complete Degree Application
- Review your degree requirements with a Faculty Advisor in your Major Department if you haven’t done so already.
- Fill out your Curriculum Guide Sheet in ink; be sure it is the correct one for your particular major and catalog year. Obtain the signature of Major Department Chairperson or Executive Director. (click here for Sample Curriculum Guide Sheet)
- Complete, if applicable, second major/academic content area/minor/collateral guide sheet with the signature of the Department Chairperson or Executive Director (academic content areas are for Education students only).
- Pay the required graduation fee ($100.00) at the Student Accounting Office and attach your receipt to your application
- Submit your completed application to the Office of the Registrar (Administration Building 1st Floor) by the published deadline.
UNDERGRADUATE GRADUATION DEADLINES FOR 2018 CANDIDATES
Applications received by the following early deadlines will be evaluated prior to the Add / Drop registration period of your final semester. You will be notified ONLY if there are any problems. Please note that this early evaluation will provide an opportunity to clear problems affecting your graduation date.
EARLY SUBMISSION DEADLINES FOR EVALUATION
JANUARY 2018—APRIL 24, 2017
MAY AND AUGUST 2018—OCTOBER 06, 2017
Applications received AFTER the above early submission dates will be accepted in accordance with the dates listed below, but will not have the advantage of early evaluation. These applications must be mailed or brought into the Office of the Registrar by the following dates:
FINAL SUBMISSION DEADLINES FOR EVALUATION
JANUARY 2018—OCTOBER 06, 2017
MAY AND AUGUST 2018—FEBRUARY 02, 2018
SUBMISSION OF GRADES
Incomplete grades, all grade changes, repeat grade recalculations and pending transfer credits must be completed and posted to your record no later than two weeks after the graduation date. See below for specific deadlines for 2018.
JANUARY 2018—FEBRUARY 05, 2018
MAY 2018—JUNE 01, 2018
AUGUST 2018—SEPTEMBER 04, 2018
PLEASE NOTE: In order to participate in the May 2018 Commencement ceremony, all required coursework must be completed by the end of Summer II 2018.