Ceremony #1 - Wednesday, May 12, 9 a.m. College of Business and Public Management
Ceremony #2 - Wednesday, May 12, 12:30 p.m. College of Business and Public Management
Ceremony #3 - Wednesday, May 12, 4:00 p.m.
May 12 - May 15, 2021
Alumni Stadium, Kean University, Union Campus
Kean University will celebrate the Class of 2021 in a series of in-person Commencement ceremonies beginning Wednesday, May 12 at Alumni Stadium on the Union campus. Ceremonies will run from Wednesday, May 12 through Saturday, May 15, with rain dates scheduled as needed. Undergraduate and graduate students, including doctoral students, will be invited to participate.
- You must register to participate. If you have not yet registered, email email@example.com. Only those graduates who register will be included in the ceremonies.
- All graduates must arrive in proper graduation regalia. The deadline for ordering graduation regalia has passed.
- Each college is assigned a specific ceremony or ceremonies for its graduates to attend.
- You are not be able to swap or change your selected ceremony.
- Ceremonies are expected to last 90 minutes. If a ceremony needs to be cancelled due to heavy rain, lightning or other severe weather, you will be notified by email and an alternative day and time will be provided.
- You and your guests must wear face coverings, bring your own water, and maintain appropriate social distancing throughout the event. Seating will be arranged accordingly.
- All graduates and guests will go through a temperature screening prior to entering the event. If any person in the car fails the temperature screening, the entire car will be asked to leave.
COVID-19 safety protocols will be strictly followed, including adhering to capacity restrictions, social distancing and face covering requirements.
All ceremonies will be live streamed for guests or other members of the Kean community who are unable to attend in person.
If there are any changes to your guests' information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
9 A.M. - Ceremony #1, College of Business and Public Management
12:30 P.M. - Ceremony #2, College of Business and Public Management
4 P.M. - Ceremony #3, The Dorothy and George Hennings College of Science, Mathematics and Technology, and Michael Graves College, Architecture and Design (MGC undergraduate and MGC graduate)
9 A.M. - Ceremony #4, The Dorothy and George Hennings College of Science, Mathematics and Technology, and New Jersey Center for Science, Technology and Mathematics
12:30 P.M. - Ceremony #5, College of Liberal Arts
4 P.M. - Ceremony #6, College of Liberal Arts
9 A.M. - Ceremony #7, College of Education and Nathan Weiss Graduate College (Undergraduate Students)
12:30 P.M. - Ceremony #8, Master's Degree Programs
4 P.M. - Ceremony #9, Master's Degree Programs
9 A.M. - Ceremony #10, Doctoral Programs
Graduates and Guests
- You and your guests are strongly encouraged to monitor your own health in the weeks leading up to your ceremony. Anyone who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, cough or shortness of breath, is NOT allowed to attend the ceremony under any circumstances. Likewise, anyone required to quarantine under the state’s travel advisory or because they had close contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19 is NOT allowed to attend the ceremony under any circumstances.
- You should arrive on campus, already dressed in your gown, one hour before your ceremony begins via the Green Lane entrance next to Alumni Stadium. You are strongly encouraged to arrive in the same vehicle as your guests to reduce congestion.
- You and your guests must wear face coverings from the time you arrive on campus until you leave. Anyone without a mask will be denied entry.
- University staff will be taking the temperature of you and your guests while you are seated in your vehicles upon arrival. If anyone in the vehicle has a temperature over 100.4, everyone in the vehicle will be denied entry. You should wait to put on your cap until after your temperature is taken to avoid inflating the temperature reading.
- Vehicles will be directed to the Kean Hall parking lot. Please remain inside your vehicle until you are directed to the stadium. Gates will open 45 minutes before your ceremony is set to begin. No one is allowed to congregate at the entrance to the stadium or elsewhere on campus.
- Graduates will line up outside of the stadium while guests are seated. You are required to maintain social distancing from your fellow graduates while in line.
- Please note that guests who arrive together will be seated in pairs at least six feet from other guests unless otherwise requested. Anyone who arrives alone or requests to be seated alone will be seated individually at least six feet from other guests.
- Graduates will process onto the field while keeping distance from one another and sit in the chairs on the field, which have been placed an appropriate distance apart and will be sanitized between ceremonies.
- After remarks from academic leaders, you will each get the chance to hear your name called, cross the stage and pose for a picture. You must print out or download your grad pass, and bring that pass up with you as you line up to cross the stage. Your pass will be scanned, which will give your information to the reader. To access your grad pass, go to kean.marchingorder.com and log in to your account.
- If you would like to bring your diploma cover, which the University mailed to you, as you cross the stage, you may do so. For safety reasons, please don’t share your diploma cover with others.
- If you wish to remove your face mask while crossing the stage and posing for your photo, you will be allowed to do so as long as you put it back on immediately after exiting the stage and returning to your seat. The University will arrange the stage to maintain social distancing.
- Be prepared for hot temperatures. The ceremony is expected to last 90 minutes. You and your guests are strongly encouraged to dress for the weather and bring your own water bottles. No other outside food or beverages are permitted and no food or beverages will be sold at the ceremony. Wear appropriate footwear for walking on the football field.
- If a ceremony needs to be cancelled due to heavy rain, lightning or other severe weather, you will be notified by email and an alternative day and time will be provided.
- No large bags are permitted in the stadium and re-entry is not permitted. You and your guests are asked to remain for the duration of the ceremony so that ushers can dismiss you in an orderly fashion with social distancing.
- You and your guests are asked to return directly to your cars to exit the campus after your ceremony is over.
- All faculty must wear proper graduation regalia. If you rented regalia, it must be picked up at the Kean Bookstore from May 4 to May 7 or on May 10 and must be returned immediately after the ceremony.
- All faculty must complete the Campus Clear app before coming to campus for commencement. If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, you may not attend the event.
- You can park in the Green Lane Academic Building parking lot and walk across the street toward Kean Hall. You will receive a temperature screening on the sidewalk. If you have a temperature above 100.4, you will be asked to leave.
- Please report to the Visitor’s Parking Lot near the end of Cougar Walk across from the main entrance to Harwood Arena 30 minutes prior to the ceremony. You will check in and line up to process into the ceremony with the graduates.
- Ceremonies are expected to last 90 minutes. If a ceremony needs to be canceled due to heavy rain, lightning or other severe weather, you will be notified by email and an alternative day and time will be provided.
- You must wear a face covering, bring your own water, and maintain appropriate social distancing throughout the event. Seating will be arranged accordingly. Faculty will be seated on the field so wear appropriate footwear. No high heels.
- Please plan to depart from campus immediately following the ceremony.
Capture the memories with your 2020-2021 Kean University Yearbook!
There's nothing else like your school yearbook. Get your hands on the limited edition collection of our stories from the year. Share it with your friends today and hang on to it for years to come!
Unfortunately, some of our graduates were not able to take their senior portrait. We would like to give you the opportunity to be able to be featured in the yearbook.
All you need to do is the following:
Dressed in business casual attire, please take your own photo: close up, from the chest up, and in good lighting.
Once you take your photo, upload it to our yearbook program:
- Log on to: images.jostens.com/415484042
- Enter Login ID: 415484042, if prompted
- Click on “Choose Files” to browse through your photos to select the photo you wish to upload
- Enter your contact information
- Enter the following “Image Information” about the photo: FIRST & LAST NAME, CLASS YEAR, and type in SENIOR PORTRAIT in the description.
- Click “Upload Chosen Images”
Please submit this to us by Friday, June 18, 2021.