The NJCSTM works closely with the Kean Foundation, the College of Education, school districts throughout the region, as well as state and national entities to provide leadership and deliver programs and resources in science advocacy and engagement for the advancement of K-12 science education. These efforts include:
- High quality professional development for teachers
- Summer STEM camps and development of extracurricular science programs
- Dual enrollment for high school students
- High school research opportunities
- Next-generation science standards advocacy
- Sponsorship and housing for the New Jersey Academy of Science
- Host and sponsor of OASIS, a leadership and professional development program designed to accelerate career development and advancement of academic women in STEM, through workshops, networking, mentoring and individual coaching.