Kean Ocean Advisement
NEWLY ADMITTED STUDENTS for Spring 2022 must receive academic advisement prior to registering for courses. Students are required to meet with an academic advisor prior to registering for courses each semester. Please note, starting with your second semester, a faculty advisement hold will be on your account until you meet with your academic advisor.
Kean Ocean Advisement & Registration Session dates are listed below. Follow the instructions below to access AdvisorTrac. AdvisorTrac will allow you to review appointment availability and to reserve an appointment time.
Friday, November 19, 2021 10am-4pm
Friday, December 17, 2021 10am-4pm
Tuesday, January 11, 2022 1-6pm
Check-in for your advisement appointment in the Gateway Building atrium. You will receive directions from there to your academic adviser.
Use AdvisorTrac to review the available registration and advisement dates. (Please be advised that classes fill quickly; you are encouraged to make your appointment as soon as possible).
Use these steps to access AdvisorTrac:
1. Enter your Kean Google USERNAME and your BIRTHDATE (MMDDYY).
2. Your username is included in your admissions email.
3. Click on SEARCH AVAILABILITY
4. Under Center, select KEAN OCEAN REGISTRATION
5. Under Consultant, select your MAJOR PROGRAM
6. Click SEARCH.
7. Select an APPOINTMENT TIME on the date of your choice. Available dates are included in your admissions information.
8. Select the Reason of ACADEMIC ADVISEMENT and enter your PHONE NUMBER.
9. Click SAVE.
EDUCATION STUDENTS: Please make two appointments for advisement. The first with the Education adviser and the second with the major you wish to pursue as your second area of study or content area. Not certain what areas are available? Email email@example.com to know what options are available to you.
Have questions or need assistance reserving your appointment? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (908)443-2500.
CONTINUING STUDENTS must meet with their academic adviser every semester. An advisement hold will be placed on your record each semester on your road to graduation.
All advisers are currently meeting with students virtually. Please email your adviser as listed below:
Accounting/Finance; Thomas Metz, email@example.com
Biology: Dr. Nancy LaFleur, firstname.lastname@example.org
Biology-Health Professions: Dr. Adrianna Tagliaferro, email@example.com
Communication: Courtney Atkins, firstname.lastname@example.org
Criminal Justice: Fernando Linhares, email@example.com
Elementary/Secondary Education: Patricia McDermitt, firstname.lastname@example.org
Elementary/Secondary Education: Linda Attanasio, email@example.com
English: Dr. Mia Fiore, firstname.lastname@example.org
History: Dr. Catherine Nicholson, email@example.com
Management: Dr. Nesreen El-Rayes, firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing: Dr. Lu Huang, email@example.com
Mathematics: Dr. Mohib Khan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursing: Dr. Prisca Anuforo, email@example.com
Physical Education: Lisa Szekeres, firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Education: Eunice Pschorr, email@example.com
Physical Education: Exercise Science, Adam Eckart, firstname.lastname@example.org
HOVN Suite 213
Psychology: Dr. Jane O'Brien, email@example.com
GATE 229 or 231
Public Administration: Carey Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org
Recreation/Sports & Event Management Rec/Therapeutic Recreation, Pam Griffin, email@example.com
HOVN Suite 213
Sociology: Dr. James Gamvas, firstname.lastname@example.org
Approved to take OCC courses based on major program articulation sheet?
- Complete the Course Work at Another Institution form, including the bottom Payment Authorization area to begin the approval process.
- To save the filled form for emailing, you may print to complete then scan in via email or use CTRL+P and instead of printing, choose Save as PDF, then save with your name and the semester the form is related to.
- Email to your advisor directly requesting approval for the courses entered.
- Once your advisor has signed the form, they will email it to email@example.com to begin the Financial Aid process.
- Have questions about this process? Contact Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org.