What is the tuition rate?
- As a veteran or active military service member you will always pay the In-state tuition rate. Regardless of using benefits or not.
What does my benefit pay?
- Post 9/11 GI Bill® pays for tuition & fees. You also receive a Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) and a book stipend.
- Chapter 35 Dependents does NOT pay for tuition and fees. You only receive a monthly stipend.
- The National Guard pays for your tuition but NOT your fees. You do NOT receive a BAH.
- Tuition Assistance pays for your tuition and fees. You do NOT receive a BAH
- Vocational Rehabilitation pays for your tuition and fees. You also receive a BAH and a book stipend.
What is the BAH Rate?
- Depending on the benefit, the full BAH will be different.
- For Post 9/11 GI Bill® , the BAH is around $3,000
- For Chapter 31, the BAH is around $3,000
- For Chapter 35 Dependents, the BAH is around $1,200.
What if I'm a veteran but not using benefits?
- Even without benefits, as a veteran you have access to all the resources CVSS has to offer. You will still be coded under our department and we will be available for any assistance you may need. A copy of your DD214 or JSTs as proof of serving for our records will be required.
How do I certify my benefits?
- Every semester an Online Certification form is sent out to active students. Once you are registered for classes, you have to fill out the form. Our Certifying Official will then certify you for your benefits through VA ONCE.
How do I apply for my benefits?
- For Chapter 31, Chapter 33, Chapter 35, and Chapter 1606 you apply on eBenefits
- Army Tuition Assistance is through Army Ignited
- The National Guard is through your unit.
Do I get priority registrations?
- Yes, as a veteran you have priority registration. If you have issues registering on the first day of registration please contact us so we can fix any issues
How many credits is considered full time?
- For Undergraduate, full time is 12+ credits
- For Graduate, full time is 9+ credits.
What happens if I change my status from full time to part time and vice versa?
- Your tuition will still be paid however your BAH will change. If you become a full time student you will get the full BAH. If you become a part time student you will get paid depending on your credit load.