The Readmission application for Spring 2020 is now available.
Re-Enrollment into Kean University
Kean University encourages former students who never completed their degree requirements to apply for re-enrollment into the university. Please see specific guidelines below detailing the re-enrollment process as it pertains to your specific status.
Applicants for Readmission
An application for readmission is required for previously enrolled students (in good standing) who have not attended Kean for two or more consecutive semesters.
You must meet all of these criteria to be eligible for readmission:
- You left the University in good standing (i.e. you were not dismissed).
- You met published deadlines for submission of the application and required documents.
- You have a cumulative GPA (i.e. combined from all institutions attended including Kean) of 2.0 or higher.
- Readmission into the University does not guarantee readmission into the major (including the major you held prior to leaving Kean). You will be readmitted as an intended major and in order to declare, you must meet the current entrance (declaration) requirements for the major.
- Upon readmission, you are held to the current curricular requirements in effect at the time of the readmission and not the curricular requirements in effect at the time of your initial admission.
- If you have transfer credits, you cannot apply for readmission as an Undecided major. You must select an intended major on your application, so that your transfer credits can be evaluated in relation to the requirements of that major.
- If you are changing your major from what it was when you last attended Kean, you will need to meet the current program and curricular requirements in effect at the time of your readmission.
If you have attended other institutions after leaving Kean University, please follow these instructions:
- Please submit official transcripts for all colleges and post-secondary schools since you stopped attending Kean. If you have attended Kean in the past five years, you will be contacted if any transcripts are missing from your file and require resubmission.
- All college credits earned outside the U.S. must have a course-by-course transcript evaluation completed by a NACES accredited evaluation agency. For a listing of these credit evaluation agencies, please visit www.naces.org. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure all transcripts arrive to Kean University by the specific deadlines.
- For more information see Acceptance and Evaluation of Transfer Credits.
To apply for readmission, please complete and submit the Application for re-enrollment. Be sure to select the reason for your non-enrollment status.
Applicants for Reinstatement
Deadline for submitting documents for reinstatement for Spring 2020 is January 21, 2020.
The application for reinstatement applies to students who have been dismissed from Kean University for academic reasons (GPA <2.0 for 2 or more semesters) and will undergo an academic appeals process.
To apply for reinstatement, please complete the Application for Reinstatement. Be sure to select the “Academic Dismissal” option as the reason for non-enrollment. Please note that approval is not guaranteed.
If reason(s) is/are medical, please remit additional documentation to support your case to:
ATTN: Mrs. Jean Brown
Center for Academic Success 123
1000 Morris Avenue
Union, NJ 07083
Be sure that this documentation contains dates that correspond with the semesters in question. You may also scan and email documentation to Ms. Brown at email@example.com.
If you attended another school during your period of non-enrollment at Kean, please submit an official transcript to:
Center for Academic Success
Attn: Mrs. Jacklyn Ley
1000 Morris Avenue
Union, NJ 07083