John David Fry Scholarship
Terms for Qualification:
The Fry scholarship is for children of active service members who died in the line of duty after September 10, 2001. If children are over 23 or married, it will not annul their eligibility. You will not be eligible for the Fry Scholarship if you are eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Benefit Payments for Fry Scholarship
Benefits from the Fry Scholarship may include a full payment of tuition and fees paid directly to the school, a monthly housing allowance, and a stipend for books and supplies.
Length of Fry Scholarship Eligibility
Children may be eligible to use the benefits until their 33rd birthday, up to 15 years after their 18th birthday.
How to Get Certified for Fry Scholarship
We will require the following documents:
- VA Form 22-5490 (if student has never used/applied for benefit before)
Download this form (PDF)
- VA Form 22-5495 (if student has used benefit before, transferring from another institution) Download this form (PDF)
- Certificate of Eligibility
- Signed Degree Plan (signed by advisor)
- UTA VA Information Sheet
- Statement of Understanding
Please notice the following information:
- Students must apply for VA benefits. As soon as you receive your approval, submit all required documents to the Kean University Office of Veteran’s Services on the second floor of the CAS building room 208.
- Every semester, you must visit the VA office for in-person enrollment.
- The classes will be checked by the certifying official; only classes on the most current signed degree program can be certified to the VA.