Now that you have been admitted and paid your tuition deposit, it is time to get enrolled!
Please follow the steps bellow to ensure you are on the right path to getting started as a new Kean University student.
Kean University policy requires that all newly-admitted undergraduate students take placement tests in reading, writing, and mathematics, unless they are exempt from all or part of this testing due to their SAT scores or course work completed at other colleges. Kean administers the ACCUPLACER computerized placement tests. For more information about who must test, answers to other frequently asked questions about testing, descriptions of the ACCUPLACER tests with sample questions, or to learn how test scores are used to determine course placement, click on the appropriate link below:
To see a list of upcoming testing dates at Kean and to register for an appointment to test on one of these dates, click on the Register For Test link below. But first, please note: This on-line appointment registration system CANNOT be used by students in the following categories:
• Applicants who have not yet been notified of admittance to Kean University
• Students admitted through the Spanish-Speaking Program and other English as a Second Language (ESL) students: (ESL students need to take different placement tests designed for non-native speakers of English. For more information about ESL placement testing or to make an appointment, please call (908) 737-0340.)
If you have any questions or any problems using this on-line registration system, please contact the Placement Testing Office at (908) 737-0340 for assistance. (Office hours are M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
For more information about Kean University, please click here: www.kean.edu
Immediately following the ACCUPLACER Placement Test you will be required to attend a pre-registration advisement session to go over placement test scores and discuss possible course placement. If you are exempt from testing, you will receive pre-registration advisement on the date you choose to register. In Pre-Registration advisement you will:
- Review your placement test scores with School of General Studies staff
- Explore possible academic majors or your areas of interest
- Go over academic major guide sheets and 4-year plans
- Pick out classes for your first semester based on your interests, academic major, and ACCUPLACER Placement Test scores
3. Send inTranscripts for any College Level Course Work Completed While in High School, Including Advance Placement (AP)
- High School students are allowed to take college level credits while in high school through their community colleges or other institutions of higher education. Students taking college level courses while in high school must submit an official copy of the college transcript.
- In order to receive credit for Advance Placement (AP) course work completed in high school, student must take the AP exam for the subject and obtain the Kean University credit granting score. Please be sure to send all official AP scores to receive credit. For more information on AP exams and their equivalencies, click here.
You may register in one of three ways:
1. You may register immediately following your placement test with the School of General Studies staff if your testing date falls on a registration day
2. You will receive an invitation from the School of General Studies to come back on a registration day after you have taken your placement exam
3. If you have been exempt from testing, you will receive an invitation from the School of General Studies to schedule a registration day