2 year M.S. in Biotechnology Sciences
The Master of Science program in Biotechnology Science is a 34-credit interdisciplinary program designed to prepare students for research in the expanding field of biotechnology through coursework and laboratory experience. Many students attend the program part-time while working in industry. as courses are scheduled in the evenings to accommodate the working student. Graduates become proficient in state-of-the-art technologies and are prepared to seek employment/advancement in biotech/pharma or to continue their study toward the Ph.D. degree in other graduate programs in related fields.
Minimum requirements for admission into the MS program in Biotechnology (in addition to the University’s admission requirements):
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- 3.0 cumulative grade point average from all colleges attended
- 3.0 minimum GPA in all science and math courses
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination) scores (subject test not required)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Departmental interview may be required
- Undergraduate Pre-requisites: Two years of college biology including either Cell Biology or Biochemistry or equivalent, two years of college chemistry (including one year of organic chemistry), and one year of college mathematics (statistics and/or calculus)
- Students holding degrees in disciplines other than biology or chemistry are encouraged to apply with the understanding they may be required to successfully complete the undergraduate prerequisites before becoming fully matriculated in the M.S. Biotechnology Science program.
When applying for the NJCSTM program in Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, use the following code on the undergraduate application (Application deadline – March 1st):
- Biotechnology/Molecular Biology - STEM 5yr. – (B.S./M.S.) (Major Code-30105)
For a complete list of course descriptions and degree requirements, click here.