Kean Foundation Scholarships
The Kean University Foundation is the university’s primary fundraising and gift-receiving organization. It was founded in 1984 as a non-profit, tax-exempt organization that advances the mission of Kean University by pursuing and securing private support to benefit Kean’s students, faculty, programs, and/or facilities.
Who is eligible?
All new and current students are eligible to apply for Kean University Foundation Scholarships. This is a competitive application of Kean's best and brightest students, so be sure to prepare your application thoughtfully.
- One single application will enable you to be considered for any scholarship that matches your academic history, program, interests and other criteria.
- You will be applying for a scholarship for the 2024-25 academic year, so respond to questions accordingly.
- Be sure to answer each question in the application. The more complete your application, the better your chances of getting matched.
- Write a well written thoughtful response to the writing prompt. Take this opportunity to introduce yourself to the Scholarship Committee.
- Plan your time. As part of the application, you will need a Kean faculty or administrator to nominate you for scholarship consideration. Request this from an individual who will be able to provide insight to who you are and some of your success stories. Be sure to provide ample lead time to ensure you are conscientious of their busy schedules.
- There are major changes and improvements coming to the 2024–25 FAFSA form. As a result, the new form will be available in December 2023, not Oct. 1, 2023. Once the new 2024-25 FAFSA form is available, submit your FAFSA as early as possible, as this information may be needed for consideration of some scholarships.
Follow the link below. Be sure to select the correct application. Remember, you will be applying for the 2024-25 academic year. So, when you get to the “My Applications” screen after logging in, be sure to select “Kean Foundation Scholarship Application | 2024 - 2025.”
- Click here to apply!
- Self-manage the application process. Be sure to meet application deadlines. This includes receiving your letter of recommendation. It is the applicant's responsibility to follow up with their faculty or administrator to ensure that your letter of recommendation is completed and submitted.
- New incoming freshmen who have submitted their application by the priority deadline should be notified in April. All other undergraduate applicants will begin to receive awards in May and awarding may continue through the summer.
- New and continuing graduate students will receive decisions on a rolling basis beginning in May and awarding may continue through the summer.
NOTE: If you wish to be considered for a Kean Foundation scholarship, your scholarship application must be received by March 1, 2024.
- Students are notified via email from the Kean University Scholarship Manager portal.
- Selected scholars will be asked to review the scholarship agreement and accept the award, submit a formal thank you letter to our generous donor.
Learn more about how you can engage with Kean University and be part of the growing community of generous donors. Make your gift to the Kean Fund for Excellence.