University Procurement and Business Services
UNIVERSITY PROCUREMENT AND BUSINESS SERVICES OBJECTIVES
University Procurement and Business Services is the designated agent authorized to negotiate the purchase and lease of all supplies, equipment and services at Kean University. University Procurement and Business Services is responsible for procuring goods and services in the most fair, competitive and equitable manner possible.
New Operating Rules and Procedures
In November 2022, Kean University was designated the state’s first urban research university, recognizing Kean’s growing role in conducting research and generating solutions to issues in urban communities statewide. In furtherance of the University’s expanded mission and as required by the new Kean University Act, on March 7, 2022, the Board of Trustees delegated to the President, the Chief Financial Officer and the Associate Vice President for University Procurement & Business Services the authority to establish standard operating rules and procedures for the purchase of all equipment, materials, supplies and services.
Click here to review new rules and procedures.
The objectives of University Procurement and Business Services are:
- To purchase, rent or lease all goods and services to support the university’s educational and administrative operations, in accordance with university policy.
- To maintain good relations with suppliers and to ensure that goods and services are delivered on schedule.
- To develop and implement sound cost-effective policies, procedures and systems regarding the procurement of goods and services needed to support educational and administrative activity.
- To encourage open competition among vendors through fair negotiation, competitive bidding, and contract buying.
- To develop and maintain a complete and current inventory of all capital and fixed assets belonging to the university.
- To comply with all State and Federal requirements pertaining to the procurement of goods and services.
Pursuant to the provisions of N.J.S.A. 18A:64O-9-54, the bidding threshold amount has been adjusted from $35,500.00 to $100,000.00.
For further information on Purchasing Guidelines and Procedures click on the following link: Purchasing Guidelines
University Tax-Exempt Status
Kean University is an instrumentality or political subdivision of the State of New Jersey and is exempt from Sales and Use Taxes, pursuant to Section 9 (a)(1) of the New Jersey Sales and Use Tax Act (N.J.S.A. 54:32B-1 et seq.). Learn more >>