Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Training - Safely Flying Drones
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Part 107 Certification Preparation Course: Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
Kean University - Skylands Campus
243 Mt. Paul Road
Oak Ridge, NJ 07438
Training Date: March 22-24, 2023
Training Time: 8am-4pm
Registration Details: - please use the Kean Marketplace link to register.
The Department of Criminal Justice and Center for Cybersecurity at Kean University are hosting a three-day training workshop on safely operating drones. During the training participants will prepare for a resulting certification that can provide approval for persons to fly a drone, less than 55 pounds in weight, under the FAA 14 CFR Part 107 rules.
The course will take place at the Kean Skylands campus, located at 243 Mt. Paul Road, Oak Ridge, NJ 07438. Map and directions to the Skylands campus can be found at this link.
Learning the rules of what is and is not permitted under Part 107.
- Operating a drone, including, but not limited to:
- Operation of a moving aircraft.
- Daylight operations.
- Visual observer.
- Operation of multiple small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS).
- Yielding the right of way.
- Operation over people.
- Operation in certain airspace.
- Operating limitations for small unmanned aircraft.
- Preparations to becoming an FAA-Certified Drone Pilot if one pursues and passes the knowledge test.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Be in physical and mental condition to safely fly a UAS.
- Registering your drone with the FAA.
Stan Mierzwa, M.Sc., CISSP