Becoming a Theatre Major at Kean University
An audition or portfolio presentation is required of all students interested in being part of either the BA or BFA degrees in the Theatre Conservatory.
2021-2022 AUDITION/INTERVIEW/PORTFOLIO REVIEW DATES/TIMES FOR NJ RESIDENTS and CURRENT KEAN STUDENTS. Out of state applicant instructions are included below.
- Saturday, October 16 10:00 am-2:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 17 3:20-4:20 pm
- Saturday, January 29 10:00 am-2:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 23 3:20-4:20 pm
- Saturday, March 19 10:00 am-2:00 pm
- Wednesday, April 6 3:20-4:20 pm
- Wednesday, May 18 3:20-4:20 pm
- Complete the Kean University Application
- Schedule and successfully complete an audition to demonstrate college level performance ability. To schedule, please call 908-737-4420 or email email@example.com. A time will be assigned.
- Once your audition or portfolio review is scheduled, you will receive an email to confirm your appointment.
- Your admission review for theatre will include the audition or portfolio review, an interview, a writing assignment, and, for the design/tech applicants, a drawing assignment.
NOTE: If you are a singer, when you schedule the audition, please let us know if you will be bringing your own accompanist or if you will instead be bringing a recorded accompaniment for your musical selection. An accompanist will not be provided.
FOR OUT-OF-STATE APPLICANTS
To send your Theatre Audition or Theatre Design/Tech Portfolio to Kean, click here: https://kean.slideroom.com/#/Login and then click on "Apply Now" to start your video submission process.