Becoming a Theatre Major at Kean University
1. Complete the Kean University Application
2. When we are notified of the receipt of your application, you will be contacted to schedule your Audition or Portfolio Presentation.
3. Once your audition is scheduled you will be sent an email with forms to fill out. You will also be asked to confirm your audition or portfolio appointment.
4. Your admission review for theatre will include the audition (with a scheduled warm-up) or portfolio review, an interview, a writing assignment, and, for the design and tech applicants, a drawing sample.
Note. If you are a singer, when you schedule the audition, please let us know if you will be bringing your own accompanist or if you will instead be bringing a recorded accompaniment for your musical selection.
An audition or portfolio presentation is required of all students interested in being part of all BA or BFA degrees in the Theatre Conservatory.
Review Dates and Sign Up
Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Sunday, November 3, 2019 (At Mid Atlantic Regional College Auditions)
Wednesday, November 20, 2019
* = Instant Decision Day – register online at www.kean.edu/idd for the quickest turn-around on your application!
Additional audition/review dates will be added if registration fills.
(NOTE: out of state applicants submit audition-portfolio materials through SLIDE ROOM)
Please follow the guidelines below as you prepare for your audition/portfolio review: