1. Matriculated students must consult with their academic advisor and meet eligibility requirements before registering for CLEP. Please read the Examination Policy carefully and review Kean University's CLEP Course Equivalencies.
2. It is recommended that non-Kean students seek approval from an academic advisor at their current school before registering for CLEP.
3. You may take up to two CLEP exams per day. Please bring the "CLEP Exam Registration Ticket” for each exam title.
4. Register for the CLEP Test online at the College Board’s My Account website.
5. Pay the required College Board CLEP fee online at My Account ($89.00 per test).
6. Pay the required Test Administration Fee ($25 non-refundable). You can pay in advance using the following link: Pay Test Administration Fee. If you are paying with cash or check, you will need to pay the Test Administration Fee in the Student Accounting Office located on the 3rd floor of the Administration building prior to your testing appointment (see campus map). You must have a copy of your receipt on the day of the test. A single Test Administration Fee payment is required per visit and test candidate.
7. Click here to register and make an appointment to take the CLEP exam. You will need to create a WCOnline account if you do not have one already.
8. Reviewing for the CLEP Test is highly recommended. Please visit the College Board’s Study Resources page for more information.
9. If you are driving, please click here to register for a Visitor's Parking Pass. You may park in the white-lined spaces only. Kean students with registered vehicles do not need to complete this step.
clep.collegeboard.org College Board 2019
MILITARY PERSONNEL: Please click: https://clep.collegeboard.org/military for information regarding funding and acceptable forms of ID.
1. Report to Kean University’s CLEP Testing Center – Maxine and Jack Lane Center for Academic Success (CAS – 207), ten minutes prior to your testing appointment time.
2. Leave all cell-phones and other valuables at home or in your vehicle.
3. You MUST bring a copy of the CLEP Exam Registration Ticket. Click here for sample copy.
4. You MUST bring a valid form of government-issued ID. Click here to view photo ID requirements.
5. You MUST bring a receipt of your Test Administration Fee payment. If you did not pay this in advance, please bring a debit or credit card to pay the fee on the day of your exam. Only Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover are accepted.
1. Immediately following the CLEP Test, you will receive an "unofficial" copy of your test score report. This is for your personal records only. CLEP test candidates who take the College Composition or Spanish with Writing exam should check their College Board's My Account online portal, typically 2-3 weeks after taking the exam to view their scores. It is recommended that CLEP candidates review the College Composition Scoring and Score Availability Dates and the Spanish with Writing Scoring and Score Availability Dates.
2. The “official” test score report will be sent by ETS to the credit-granting institution that you requested. Kindly revisit the CLEP website at My Account to confirm the name of the college/university who you designated to be the recipient of your test scores.
3. Once Kean University receives your official test scores, you will be contacted via email with information on how many credits you are eligible to receive.
For non-Kean students, you must contact your college/university CLEP-credit administrator regarding equivalencies and score requirements. Confirm that your test scores have been received and that your CLEP-credits are being processed.
4. Once your CLEP-credits are processed, you will receive notification via email directing you to log into your Kean-Wise account and review your program evaluation, indicating which courses are being awarded.
For non-Kean students, make sure you receive confirmation from your college/university that your CLEP-credits have been applied.
5. If you have any questions regarding the above, please contact our office at (908) 737 - 0340 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.