1. Matriculated students must meet eligibility requirements and consult with their academic advisor before registering for CLEP. Please review Kean University's CLEP Course Equivalencies and Examination Policy.
2. It is recommended that non-Kean students seek approval from an academic advisor at their current school before registering for CLEP.
3. Register for the CLEP Test online at the College Board’s My Account website.
4. Pay the required College Board CLEP fee online at My Account ($89.00 per test).
5. Click here to view the CLEP testing schedule and to make an appointment at Kean’s CLEP Testing Center.
6. Reviewing for the CLEP Test is highly recommended. Please visit the College Board’s Study Resources page for more information.
7. You may take up to two CLEP exams per day. Please bring the “CLEP Exam Registration Ticket” for each exam title.
clep.collegeboard.org College Board 2019
MILITARY PERSONNEL: Please click: https://clep.collegeboard.org/military for information regarding funding and acceptable forms of ID.
1. You MUST pay a non-refundable Test Administration Fee ($25). You can pay in advance using the following link: Pay Test Administration Fee. ONLY debit and credit cards are accepted. (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover). If you are paying with cash or check, you will need to come to campus a day prior to your exam and pay the fee in the Student Accounting Office – Administration Bldg. 3rd floor. (See campus map). You must have a copy of your receipt on the day of the test.
2. Report to Kean University’s CLEP Testing Center – Center for Academic Success (CAS – 207), ten minutes prior to your testing appointment time.
3. Leave all cell-phones and other valuables at home or in your vehicle.
4. You MUST present a copy of the CLEP Exam Registration Ticket.
5. You MUST present a valid form of government-issued ID. Click here to view acceptable forms of ID.
1. Immediately following the CLEP Test, you will receive an "unofficial" copy of your test score report. This is for your personal records only. If you have taken the College Composition exam, this report will be mailed to you, once the essay has been scored.
2. The “official” test score report will be sent by ETS and sent to the credit-granting institution that you requested. Kindly revisit the CLEP website at My Account to confirm the name of the college/university who you designated to be the recipient of your test scores.
3. Once Kean University receives your official test scores, you will be contacted via email with information on how many credits you are eligible to receive.
For non-Kean students, you must contact your college/university CLEP-credit administrator regarding equivalencies and score requirements. Confirm that your test scores have been received and that your CLEP-credits are being processed.
4. Once your CLEP-credits are processed, you will receive notification via email directing you to log into your Kean-Wise account and review your program evaluation, indicating which courses are being awarded.
For non-Kean students, make sure you receive confirmation from your college/university that your CLEP-credits have been applied.
5. If you have any questions regarding the above, please contact our office at (908) 737 - 0340 or by email at email@example.com.