Kean University Business Plan Competition
Please submit your executive summary to email@example.com.
For the first round, we only need your executive summary. Click here to view an example of we expect in the executive summary.
- Start with a creative, new business idea
- Think through the product/service and its value proposition
- Analyze the target market
- Analyze potential competitors
- Craft the marketing strategy
- Generate pro forma financials for the first three years of operation (monthly for the first 12 months)
- Register for the event (click here)
- Submit an executive summary (2 pages) which will be evaluated by a panel of judges. (Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. PDF files and word files will be accepted. A word file is preferred.)
- Submit the full business plan (thirty semi-finalists)
- Present your business plan at the grand finale event (top ten teams)
- The competition is open to currently enrolled students at Kean University (including Wenzhou campus), as well as students from other participating Universities.
- Students can compete as individuals or in teams. Only one submission per person will be accepted.
- A team can have a maximum of 3 members.
- High school students are encouraged to apply through DECA.
- Recommended: We recommend that at least one member of the team is enrolled or have completed some Entrepreneurship course.
- to build useful skills such as product development, financial, public speaking, collaboration, and networking
- to understand what investors want to see in a business plan
- to work with investors
- to interact with banks, entrepreneurs, alumni, and angel investors
- to get involved!
- to win money!!