Pursue your degree while visiting and learning about a new part of the world through Travelearn, Kean's short-term study abroad program.
Travelearn offers you the opportunity to combine your academic studies with short-term travel to various destinations, which typically aren't offered through the regular study abroad program. The programs typically consist of lectures and excursions related to a particular topic.
Students of all majors are encouraged to apply. Travelearn programs are led by faculty who are experts in the respective program's field of study.
Upcoming Travelearns for Spring 2020 semester
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Application deadline varies by Travelearn.
- Criminal Justice: Dr. Jame Drylie, Destination: London
- Communication: Professor Gina Gili, Destination: London, Paris and Rome
- Global Studies Internship: Jessica Goldsmith-Barzilay, Destination: Costa Rica
- Holocaust Resource Center: Dr. Adara Goldberg, Destination: Poland
- Psychology: Dr. Ilyse O'Desky, Destination: Lisbon, Madrid and Barcelona
- Graduate and Executive MBA: Dr. Veysel Yucetepe, Destination: Prague and Athens
Information for Students
You should check back on this page for current listings of Travelearn opportunities.
Application Instructions vary by program. Please follow them carefully to ensure you are properly registered and prepared for your travel.
Matriculating Kean students who wish to register for Kean credit MUST contact the faculty coordinator to register for the corresponding course in KeanWISE.
External participants who wish to register for academic credit as visiting students must complete the Registration Eligibility Form and submit it to International Education. Once the completed form is received and processed, you will be assigned a username and PIN that will allow you to register online via KeanWISE.
You MUST obtain visas and any other required travel documentation required by the destination country.
TL Application Instructions, Policies and Procedures, and Administration forms are needed. The FAFSA form is also required if you would like financial assistance. *Please review the policies and procedures carefully.
Information for Faculty
If you are thinking about running a Travelearn, contact International Education to talk about options regarding providers, countries, and ideas for timelines. All programs must receive final approval by VPAA. Once packets are completed, they must be returned to the International Education office which will help route the packet through the rest of the approval process. Programs should be prepared to present at least two proposals from different study abroad agencies.
Once a TL proposal has received final approval, faculty coordinators and additional faculty members must fill out the required travel paperwork per the requirements of the Travel Manual. Faculty members approved to travel on a TL program with the faculty coordinators are required to fill out the appropriate pages of the TL Application Packet.
The VPAA Office retains the right to cancel a program if there are not enough students registered.
Programs may also be canceled if it is deemed not safe to travel to particular countries.
Additional Faculty Responsibilities
- Faculty approved to take students abroad must complete CLERY training prior to departure
- All faculty members traveling on a TL will have a pre-departure meeting with International Education prior to leaving
- Faculty and or their department will arrange to pick up a cell phone through OCIS for their international travel
- The number for the cellphone will be left with International Education for emergency purposes