Accommodated Test Scheduling
Kean - Union
OAS Test Room Appointments can be made through the Accommodate Student Portal 'Testing Room' menu item or by contacting the OAS office.
All Testing Appointments must be made at least one week in advance.
Day of and day before requests to reschedule Test Room Appointments will not be accepted. Canceling and rescheduling an existing Test Room Appointment must also be done at least one week in advance.
Students are responsible for requesting test accommodations from professors a minimum of one week in advance of the planned test day.
Students who arrange with their professor to take their test/exams through OAS, must have the professor complete an OAS Testing Accommodation Form and send the form along with the exam to OAS.
Day of and/or last minute appointments will not be accepted.
Kean - Ocean
The OCC Testing Center provides accommodation testing for Kean/Ocean students who cannot take their tests in class. After confirming your testing needs and test dates with your instructors, schedule your testing appointment at go.ocean.edu/test. You will need to present a current, valid photo ID and your accommodation plan on test day. Contact us at 732.255.0401 if you have any questions.
The remainder of this page pertains to the Kean Union Campus only.
Eligible Kean University students may receive course based adaptive testing accommodations for quizzes, tests or exams associated with an enrolled course.
It is preferable for a student eligible for testing accommodations to test with the instructor at the same time and date as the rest of the class subject to the instructor's ability to provide accommodations in class or via the Learning Management System. When circumstances do not permit a student to test with the class, the student may use the OAS Testing Room.
The OAS Testing Room scheduling process is outlined below and is available after the OAS designates a student as eligible to receive testing accommodations and those specific accommodations have been communicated to and acknowledged by the course instructor.
The Office of Accessibility Services (OAS) provides a new Letter of Accommodation (LOA) at the start of each semester which includes the ‘Use of OAS Testing Room when open/available’ accommodation. For each course for which the student wants to use the OAS Testing Room, the steps below must be completed at the start of each semester:
- The student will email a copy of the LOA to the instructor requesting an email reply acknowledging the specific course accommodations.
- The instructor will email the requested acknowledgement to the student indicating that the instructor has reviewed and will support the course based accommodations including those pertaining to testing.
- The student will forward the acknowledgement of course accommodations from each instructor to the OAS. The instructor acknowledgement is required for each course for which a testing accommodation will be requested.
When circumstances do not allow a student to test with the instructor and the rest of the class, the student may request an OAS proctor and use of the OAS Testing Room.
- Students must make testing appointments with the OAS a minimum of one week before a test is to be proctored by the OAS. (Students alone may make testing appointments; instructors or parents are prohibited from making appointments on behalf of the student.)
- At the time the appointment is made, the student must specify which of their approved accommodations will be used so the required OAS equipment or other testing resources can be scheduled. (E.g. assistive technology such as Magnifier, Reading Arm, Read and Write etc.)
- When possible, the testing appointment must be at the same date and time as the full class is testing. Classes held after OAS office hours (9 AM-5 PM Mon.-Fri.) must be scheduled as close to actual class test time as possible.
- Instructors must send the completed Adaptive Testing Services form to serve as a 'test cover sheet' to the OAS along with the test/exam.
- Instructors must provide the test cover sheet and test/exam to OAS at least two full business days prior to the test date (i.e. tests scheduled for Monday must be delivered to OAS on the prior Wednesday by 5pm).
- Students may not bring their own test/exam or test cover sheet to the OAS administered testing appointment.
- A scheduled testing appointment will not be extended due to tardiness.
- The OAS will send a reminder email the evening prior to the test day including the testing logistics.
- OAS will administer the test with accommodation(s) and return the completed test to the Instructor for grading
- OAS will return the finished test to the instructor by the means specified on the test cover sheet.
Instructions for completing the OAS Testing Accommodation Form:
- Student requests test accommodations on part 1 of the form also known as the ‘testing cover sheet’ and emails it to the course instructor. A separate 'cover sheet' is required for each test.
- The instructor specifies the information below on part 2 of the form to serve as the 'test cover sheet' providing the information required for OAS to proctor the test:
- last date testing permitted,
- class time allotted for test,
- testing aids permitted
- duration for which testing aids are permitted,
- additional testing instructions if any
- phone number at which instructor can be contacted,
- Preference for having the test returned to the Instructor: pick up hardcopy, or scanned to PDF and emailed.
- Bring your student ID card for authentication purposes.
- Before entering the testing room, all electronic devices must be turned off.
- All personal belongings, including electronic devices, must be placed on the designated shelving at the front of the testing room prior to commencement of testing. This may include watches and other wearable electronics e.g. headsets, earbuds, eyeglasses etc.
- Once testing is complete, all notes, formula sheets etc. approved by the instructor for use during testing, will be collected by the proctor and returned to the instructor along with the test/exam.
- MS Windows based laptop computers will be provided for tests/exams when required. A student’s personal laptop will not be used during testing.
- Cheating is prohibited; any student caught cheating will forfeit their exam and be subject to the terms of the Kean University Code of Conduct.