Public Administration (MPA)
With ongoing changes to health care, government and nonprofit fields, there is a constant demand for people who can play a direct role in creating effective public policies.
At Kean, we offer three different master's degrees in public administration and our MPA students have direct access to collaborate with the John S. Watson Institute for Urban Policy and Research.
Our students study fiscal policy, public law, information management, strategic planning and other subjects that prepare them for leadership positions as public administrators.
Our program is a mixture of students, some of whom are currently working in government, nonprofit or health care, while others are looking to get their careers started or even to change fields altogether. Whichever situation you're in, Kean will get you to your goal.
Networking is the cornerstone of becoming a successful public-sector executive. The Kean MPA program instructors and fellow students offer the necessary contacts to build long-lasting professional relationships outside of the classroom."
At Kean, we believe learning and professional growth extend far beyond the walls of our classrooms. That's why we encourage you to take advantage of a variety of research opportunities, internships and more that we offer to advance your career and set the stage for continued success.
The MPA program allowed me to recognize my potential as an administrator. Through a strong mentorship program and opportunities to get involved in the community, I felt really prepared once I graduated."
Some of our MPA graduates have had the following career opportunities:
- Pratt University -- VP for Institutional Advancement
- City of Elizabeth -- Mayor
- Borough of Roselle -- Borough Administrator
- City of Asbury Park -- City Manager
- Township of Eavesham -- Township Manager
- Borough of Princeton -- City Administrator
- Borough of Kenilworth -- Chief Municipal Financial Officer)
- Brain Injury Alliance of NJ -- Director of Advocacy & Public Affairs
- New Jersey Assembly -- State Assemblyman
- New Jersey Senate -- State Senator
- Barnabas Health NJ -- Regional Director Radiation Oncology Services
- Newark Housing Authority -- Chief Operating Officer
- Arch Service Agency -- Managing Director
- Kean University -- Associate Budget Director
- Township of Aberdeen -- Township Manager
- Windsor Healthcare Communities -- Administrator
- Orange Housing Authority -- Chief Executive Officer
- North Carolina State University -- Associate Professor/Former Chair for Commission on Peer Review Accreditation
- Montclair State University -- Director of Student Services
- Keansburg Township -- City Administrator
The best way to see all that Kean University has to offer is to visit our vibrant urban campus.
Our admissions counselors are here to help you navigate the college application process. Learn more.
So much awaits you at Kean University. Your Kean journey begins now. Apply today.