Office of Clinical Practice and Teacher Placement
Updated Contact Information and Hours of Operation as of September 21, 2020
Kean University is now conducting remote education for students and remote work for employees to minimize the density of people on all Kean campuses and reduce the potential health risk to our community.
If you are a College of Education student or school district with questions about clinical field practice, applying for a placement, or an employment opportunity, please contact:
Susan Kandell, Managing Assistant Director
Phone: (908) 737-3790
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Hours: M-F 9:00am-4:00pm or by appointment
SPRING 2021 Clinical Placement Applications
**If you are currently a Clinical Practice 1 student for the Fall 2020 semester you do not need to reapply for Clinical Practice 2 because your placement was made for two (2) semesters.**
All new Clinical Practice 1 applications will be generated automatically to qualified candidates through Chalk and Wire. In late Fall 2020, all Education Major Students with at least 60 credits, and who have taken, or are in process of taking, Sophomore Experience (2800) will receive a system-generated email from Chalk & Wire inviting them to sign into their account.
If you do not receive a Chalk and Wire Invite to apply, contact your faculty advisor, beginning November 15, to confirm your eligibility for Clinical Practice 1 and to request a Chalk and Wire account.
THE NEW CLINICAL FIELD APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Upon receipt of your Chalk and Wire Invite in late Fall, 2020, log into your Chalk and Wire account.
- ADVISOR MEETING, meet with your faculty advisor during your scheduled advisement session to get APPROVAL of your application.
- IMPORTANT: you NEED to meet with your faculty advisor and they will approve or deny your eligibility for Clinical Practice.
- After you receive approval from your faculty advisor, fill out the Clinical Practice application immediately in Chalk and Wire and submit application no later than November 23, 2020.
- Remember that once you can an Invite to apply for your Clinical Practice 1 in late Fall, 2020, you should also immediately get fingerprinted, complete a criminal background check, and APPLY FOR YOUR SUBSTITUTE CERTIFICATION. If you do not have these tasks completed by the start of Clinical Practice 1, your application will become null and void.
SPRING 2021 CLINICAL APPLICATION DEADLINE
Application deadline is November 23, 2020.
The Kean University College of Education Resource Center (Formerly the Praxis Resource Center) is open in Hennings Hall Room 320.
The Resource Center is dedicated to enhancing student achievement and confidence by strengthening comprehensive learning, providing academic support services to all students, reinforcing course content, along with emphasizing good study habits and effective test-taking skills. This is accomplished through the use of different learning strategies, tutoring, supplemental instruction, learning assistance and collaborations with Center Experts that allow students to achieve their academic goals. Faculty, instructors and staff members are committed to providing a welcoming and stimulating environment that prepares students to achieve their goals as future educators.
For more information visit: www.kean.edu/academics/college-education-1
Visit the ETS Praxis website to learn more about the New Jersey Praxis requirements and find dates to take the Praxis test. Students are recommended to take the Praxis test as early as possible since passing scores are necessary to participate in the clinical placement process.
Visit the ETS Praxis N.J. website for additional information: http://www.ets.org/praxis/nj/requirements/