Housing & Dining Reimbursement
Due to the unprecedented disruption to residential student services posed by COVID-19 and related emergency orders issued by the state of New Jersey, the University will reimburse students for housing and dining costs for a portion of the Spring 2020 semester.
- If you paid for housing for the Spring semester, you will receive a refund for a portion of your bill.
- All housing reimbursements will be prorated effective March 16.
- Your reimbursement will be applied first to any outstanding balances you have at the University.
- Refunds will be issued via check or direct deposit by May 22.
- If you were unable to retrieve your belongings before the Stay at Home order was issued, please know that the University has secured all personal belongings and they will be accessible as soon as a return to campus can be scheduled.
- If you paid for dining for the Spring semester, you will receive a direct refund for a portion of your bill.
- If you are on the Unlimited Meal Plan, you will be reimbursed for a portion of the total plan dating from March 16 to the end of the semester as well as any unused Cougar Dollars or Cougar Cash.
- If you are on the Block Meal Plan or the Declining Balance Plan, you will receive a refund for any unused meals and remaining cash balances as well as unused Cougar Dollars or Cougar Cash.
- Your reimbursement will be first applied to any outstanding balances you have at the University. The remainder will be available as a refund.
- Dining refunds will be issued via direct deposit or check beginning the week of April 27.
Please note that if you have special permission to remain in the residence halls during this remote education period, you will not receive any reimbursement because your housing and dining plans are still in use.
Thank you for your patience as we work through this complex process. If you have any questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.