Liberty Hall Academic Center & Exhibition Hall
Centuries of Collection Material
Galleries at Kean
Liberty Hall Academic Center & Exhibition Hall is home to Kean University Special Collections Research Library, Kean University History Department and Liberty Hall Gallery. Engaging performances, carefully curated exhibitions, elegant private receptions and community events are held alongside traditional lectures and seminars in more its more than 6,000 square feet of state-of-the-art space featuring stunning views of the Liberty Hall estate.
The Special Collections Research Library and Archive, known as SCRLA, offers five centuries of primary source documents to make your research projects stand out. Located in the Liberty Hall Academic Center, the research experience offers access to original and digital materials and one-on-one support from our SCRLA Associates on New Jersey and global topics. We welcome learners from Kean University and the greater community at every level, individuals or groups. Email LHAC@kean.edu to let us know how we can help you.
- The Liberty Hall Academic Center (LHAC) gallery is located inside the Liberty Hall Academic Center on the Liberty Hall campus in Union, New Jersey.
- The Karl and Helen Burger Gallery is located inside the Union campus's Maxine and Jack Lane Center for Academic Success.
- The Human Rights Institute Gallery is located in the Nancy Thompson Learning Commons on the Union campus.
- The Nancy Dryfoos Gallery is located in the Nancy Thompson Learning Commons on the Union campus.
- The student gallery is located in the Vaughn Eames building on the Union campus.
- The Exhibition Hall is located in the Liberty Hall Academic Center on the Liberty Hall campus.
Liberty Hall Academic Center & Exhibition Hall is located at is 1003 Morris Avenue #2, Union New Jersey 07083. It is easily accessible by the NJ Turnpike (Exit 13A), the Garden State Parkway (North: Exit 140, South Exit 141), Interstate Route 78 (GSP Exit), and Route 22 (Highway 82 East-Elizabeth).
By Public Transportation
The Kean University trolley is accessible to visitors. No tickets or passes are required. For further information about fares and schedules including real time updates visit www.njtransit.com.
NJ Transit provides service to the Liberty Hall Academic Center & Exhibition Hall by bus and train. Train service arrives via the Raritan Valley Line (schedule here) and the Northeast Corridor line (schedule here).
NJ Transit provides bus service to Liberty Hall Academic Center & Exhibition Hall via the #52 (schedule here), #26 (schedule here), and #113 (schedule here) lines.