Kean University received funds through the federal Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA) ACT, which was passed on December 27, 2020, to provide emergency financial aid grants to students whose educational expenses were impacted by the coronavirus public health emergency. The CRRSA Act requires Kean to prioritize award of these grants to students who have exceptional financial need.
All students enrolled for the Spring 2021 semester who meet the following criteria will receive a one-time, fixed amount award of $900:
- Enrolled Students for the semester which starts after December 27, 2020
- Full-time and Part-time
- Undergraduate and Graduate
- Completed 2020-2021 FAFSA
- U.S. Citizen or Eligible Non-Citizen ( You need to submit the proof of your citizenship. International, DACA and undocumented students are ineligible)
- Family annual gross income (AGI) is $65,000 or less, Or Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is less than or equal to $1500
- For continuing students, Financial Aid SAP status (Satisfactory Academic Progress) is Satisfactory, Warning, Probation or Academic Plan.
Eligible students can expect to be awarded on March 16, 2021.
Students who do not receive a CRRSA grant by March 26, 2021, can apply by filling out an application.
- You must be currently enrolled as a matriculated Kean student in good academic standing; and
- You are a U.S. Citizen or Eligible Non-Citizen (You need to submit the proof of your citizenship)
- Your family annual gross income is $65,000 or less or you can demonstrate the need for the funds if your family annual gross income is higher than $65,000.
- You weren’t already awarded a CRRSA grant. Please note receiving a CARES grant in a prior semester doesn’t disqualify you from receiving CRRSA grant.
Please check your KeanWISE, Financial Aid Self Service to confirm if you were awarded CRRSA or not. If you were already awarded CRRSA, you do not need to apply. You will receive an award notification with an instruction of further actions that may be needed. If you were not awarded, and you meet the above qualifications, you can log into KeanWISE, under the Financial Aid Self Service link, find and complete the online CRRSA Act Financial Aid Grant Application. Applicants will receive their notice of eligibility within seven (7) business days of applying. Eligible applicants will receive additional information on viewing their award and receiving the funds.