Federal Work-Study Program
Federal Work-Study (FWS)
The Federal Work-Study (FWS) program provides part-time employment to students with financial need (as determined by the FAFSA). Their earnings are intended to help meet their costs of education. The program encourages students receiving FWS assistance to participate in community service activities. The process for a student to be considered for an FWS position is outlined below:
FWS positions are available only to students eligible for financial aid.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Have "financial need" as defined by federal financial aid criteria.
- Complete all federal verification requirements (if applicable).
- Meet standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Register as a matriculating student.
There is a limited number of available jobs, and the positions fill quickly.
Available FWS jobs for 2021 – 2022 include:
- General Office Work
- Off-Campus Community Service
- Event Staff
- Research Assistants
- Computer Lab Attendants
Some positions may not be available at the time your interview is held.
Please note: All FWS positions are part-time with a maximum of 20 hours per week. All positions will remain open until filled.