Research Days Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know who is my Faculty Research Advisor?
- Your Faculty Research Advisor is someone who is overseeing your research or a faculty member that you are working with. This can be a professor or someone in your specific college. Please be advised that your Faculty Research Advisor IS NOT necessarily your Academic Advisor.
What will be the format of the event?
- Oral presentations will be prerecorded, 3 minute maximum videos for students- click here to access the guideline for recording your oral presentation. The poster symposium will be held in person. The UG session will be located in Harwood Arena. The GR session will be located in STEM. Time to be determined.
How do I write an abstract?
- To ensure that your abstract is written in a professional manner, please consult with your faculty research advisor. If necessary, please stop by the writing center for guidance. Click here to access information about the writing center.
What does PI or CO-PI mean?
- PI stands for principal investigator. It simply refers to the main person who is conducting research and the person who will be presenting the research on the day of. CO-PI stands for co principal investigator. This refers to the people (or person) who is helping you conduct research. If it is only you, that’s okay. Please do not include your Faculty Research Advisor under the CO-PI response.
How do I know that I have registered for the event?
- You will receive a confirmation email after you have created a profile and registered on our website.
Can I register without uploading my work?
- Yes! You may register without uploading your research. Please be aware of the deadlines for submission!
Can I register for more than one presentation?
- We are allowing students to register to present two poster presentations. You may register for as many oral presentations as needed.
How should I upload my poster presentation?
- To upload your poster presentation, it must be in a powerpoint format. The dimensions of the powerpoint itself must be 24inx36in or 36inx24in. Make sure to save the powerpoint to your computer, and submit it at the time of registration or after you have registered. You can click here for more information.
Can I still submit my registration if my research is not yet complete?
- Yes! You may submit anything you have ready. Even if your research is at its preliminary stage, you are still eligible to register without uploading your poster or oral video.
Can I submit my work after the deadline?
- Unfortunately, due to the number of participants that we are expecting this year, we will not be accepting registrations or submissions after the deadline. In that case, please be aware that the deadline for registration is February 13, 2022 and the deadline for poster and oral submission is March 25, 2022.
Where and how can I submit my research work?
- Please do not send any poster presentations to the Research Days email as we will not be able to accept the submission. Please submit your work through our Research Days website. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
Can I participate in research days if I am an online student?
- Yes! As long as you are a registered Kean University student, you may participate in Research Days.
Where can I find my poster presentation?
- The location and information of your poster presentation will be given to you prior to your presentation.