Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
The mission of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) is to grow the research enterprise throughout the University with an emphasis on faculty-student research and a focus on securing external funding.
ORSP provides leadership and support to assist faculty and staff to compete successfully for external funding to conduct research and scholarship; engage in creative work; develop curriculum; advance student learning, aid recruitment and retention; and, support campus programming and community outreach. In addition to external grants and contracts administration, ORSP administers internal research awards, provides oversight for sponsored programs, and ensures compliance with applicable Federal, State, and University policies and regulations including research involving human subjects. ORSP provides resources and support for faculty to engage students in research projects and is a source of information for students interested in pursuing research opportunities.
Current Grant Opportunities
The dates shown below are the dates proposal documents are due to ORSP. All proposal documents must be submitted to ORSP a minimum of 7 days before the funder`s due date.
- American Psychological Foundation - Research and Program Grants - Rolling due dates
- National Science Foundation - Advancing Informal STEM Learning (AISL) - Due 11/01/18
- National Endowment for the Humanities - Dialogues on the Experience of War - Due 11/08/18
- National Endowment for the Humanities - Collaborative Research Grants - Due 11/28/18
- National Science Foundation - Major Research Instrumentation - Due 01/15/19
- National League for Nursing - Education Research Grants - Due 01/25/19
- Institute of Education Science - Low-cost/Short-duration Education Research Grants - Due 02/28/19
- National Institutes of Health - Support of Competitive Research (SCORE) - Due 01/18/19 or 05/18/19
- National Endowment for the Humanities - Awards for Faculty at HSIs - Due 04/03/19