Alka Bishnoi , PT, Ph.D.
Cardiopulmonary Content Coordinator
- Ph.D. in Kinesiology and Community Health (specialization: Neuroscience), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL
- M.S. in Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL
- M.S. in Exercise Physiology, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio
- B.S. in Physical Therapy, University of Delhi, New Delhi, India
- University Fellowship Block Grant, UIUC, 2021
- Trainee Professional Development Award, Society of Neuroscience, 2020
- Supplemental Summer Block Grant, UIUC, 2020
- Teaching Scholar Certification, UIUC, 2020
- Fellowship Recipient at Neural Control of Movement Conference, 2020
- Gait and Clinical Movement Analysis Society Conference Award, 2019
- Van Doren Scholarship Award, UIC, 2017
- Alka Bishnoi, Meghna Shankar, Rachel lee, Yang Hu, Manuel E. Hernandez. Effect of therapeutic intervention on spatiotemporal gait parameters in older adults with and without neurological disorder: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2022.
- Alka Bishnoi, Rachel lee, Yang Hu, Manuel E. Hernandez. Effect of treadmill intervention on spatiotemporal gait parameters in older adults with and without neurological disorder: A systematic review and meta-analysis. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2022.
- Alka Bishnoi, Gioella N. Chaparro, Manuel E. Hernandez. Effect of Heart Rate Reserve on Prefrontal Cortical Activation while dual task walking in older adults. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2021.
- Alka Bishnoi, Roee Holtzer, Manuel E. Hernandez. Brain activation changes while walking in adults with and without neurological disease: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Functional Near-Infrared Spectroscopy studies. Brain Sciences. 2021.
- Alka Bishnoi, Manuel E. Hernandez. Dual task walking costs in older adults with Mild Cognitive Impairment: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Aging & Mental Health. 2020.
- Tablerion J., Wood T., Hsieh K., Bishnoi A., Sun R., Hernandez M., An R., Sosnoff J. Motor Learning in People with Multiple Sclerosis: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Archives of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. 2019.
- Yaejin Moon, Alka Bishnoi, Ruopeng Sun, Jong-Cheol Shin and Jacob J. Sosnoff. Preliminary Investigation of Teaching Older Adults the Tuck-and-Roll Strategy: Can Older Adults Learn to Fall with Reduced Impact Severity. Journal of Biomechanics. 2018.
- Wood T., Moon Y., Sun R., Bishnoi A., Sosnoff J. Age Related Differences in Head Impact During Experimentally Induced Sideways Falls. BioMed Research International. 2018.
- Madhavan S., Bishnoi A. Comparison of the Mini-Best Evaluation Systems Test (Mini- BESTest) and Berg Balance Scale (BBS) in relationship with walking speed and motor recovery post stroke. Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation. 2017.