Kean Ocean Financial Aid
Approved to take OCC courses based on major program articulation sheet?
- Complete the Course Work at Another Institution form, including the bottom Payment Authorization area to begin the approval process.
- To save the filled form for emailing, you may print to complete then scan in via email or use CTRL+P and instead of printing, choose Save as PDF, then save with your name and the semester the form is related to.
- Email to your advisor directly requesting approval for the courses entered.
- Once your advisor has signed the form, they will email it to email@example.com to begin the Financial Aid process.
- Have questions about this process? Contact Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tag & Stars II Grants
SPECIAL NOTE ON TAG AND STARS II GRANTS FOR KEAN OCEAN STUDENTS
The State of New Jersey prohibits the use of TAG and STARS II grants for all community college courses after the completion of an associate's degree (or five semesters of full-time study at a community college). Moreover, students who have completed the associate's degree (or five semesters of full-time study at a community college) must register for at least 12 credits in Kean courses in order to remain eligible for TAG and STARS II grants. For these reasons, students seeking to remain eligible for TAG or STARS II funding may find it difficult to do so while undertaking one of the Kean Ocean County College degree plans. Half and in some cases more than half of the courses specified for these plans are Ocean County College courses, none of which can be paid for with TAG or STARS II funding once a student has completed an associate's degree (or five semesters of full-time study at a community college).
Any Ocean County College courses remaining to be completed after the attainment of an associate's degree (or five semesters of full-time study at a community college) must be paid for through other means, and any continued TAG and STARS II funding requires enrollment in at least 12 credits of Kean courses. Ocean County College courses cannot be used to satisfy this requirement--that is, to substitute for any of these 12 credits. They may, however, be taken in addition to the 12 credits, so long as they are paid for from sources other than TAG and STARS II funding. Students wishing to have all of their post-community college courses paid for with TAG and STARS II funding should consider attending the Union campus to take the Kean courses for which any remaining Ocean County College courses on the Kean Ocean degree plans may be substituting.