Kean Ocean Next Steps
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ADMISSION TO KEAN UNIVERSITY!
You're only a few steps away from starting your journey at Kean Ocean, hop on board!
STEP 1: USING THE LOGIN INFORMATION PROVIDED TO YOU, LOGIN TO YOUR KEANWISE & KEAN GOOGLE EMAIL ACCOUNTS!
Your acceptance email contains information on how to access KeanWISE, our student portal, where you will be able to view your program records, financial aid, and other important information related to being a Kean student and your Kean Google email account.
Login to your Kean.edu email account right away, as Kean University staff and faculty will communicate primarily with you via this address!
Students are required to meet with an academic advisor prior to registering for courses each semester. Please note, starting with your second semester, a faculty advisement hold will be on your account until you meet with your academic advisor. As a newly admitted student, use the link below to access the Kean Ocean Advisement page or follow the instructions below on how to reserve your advisement appointment through AdvisorTrac (Please be advised that classes fill quickly; you are encouraged to make your appointment as soon as possible).
Friday, November 19, 2021 10am-4pm
Friday, December 17, 2021 10am-4pm
Tuesday, January 11, 2022 1-6pm
Use these steps to reserve your advisement appointment through AdvisorTrac:
- Enter your Kean Google USERNAME and your BIRTHDATE (MMDDYY).
- Your username is included in your admissions email.
- Click on SEARCH AVAILABILITY
- Under Center, select KEAN OCEAN REGISTRATION
- Under Consultant, select your MAJOR PROGRAM
- Click SEARCH.
- Select an APPOINTMENT TIME on the date of your choice. Available dates are included in your admissions information.
- Select the Reason of ACADEMIC ADVISEMENT and enter your PHONE NUMBER.
- Click SAVE.
EDUCATION STUDENTS: Please make two appointments for advisement. The first with your Education adviser, either Elementary Education or Special Education, and the second with the major you wish to pursue as your second area of study or content area. Not certain what areas are available? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to know what options are available to you.
You and your advisor will use this evaluation to make sure you are selecting courses aimed to keep you on track to graduation! It will also help to identify any areas of concern with transfer credit. Remember that when you originally applied, some classes may have still been in progress. Be sure to update us with your official transcript if you have recently completed classes and/or graduated from your previous institution!
Any questions? Email the Kean Ocean Administrative Office at email@example.com with questions for our Transfer Admission, Registration, Financial Aid or Student Accounting representatives!
To view your program evaluation, follow these steps:
- Log onto KeanWISE using your login credentials included in your acceptance email. Once logged in, you may be prompted to change your password.
- Navigate to the Student Menu.
- Click on 'Student Planning' under the 'Academic Profile' section.
- From the main page of Student Planning, select View Your Process - Go to My Progress.
Arrive to the Gateway Building a few minutes early for your advisement appointment, checking in at the Kean Ocean table located in the building atrium. From here you will be directed to your academic adviser, and provided information on what to do following your meeting.
For assistance with registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. When classes are in session, this email account is monitored: M-F 9am-5pm (Fall/Spring semesters only) & M-Th 8:15am-5:30pm (Summer hours).
If you have any questions regarding this information, please email us at email@example.com.
Have your plans changed?
Should you no longer be interested in attending Kean University and would like to decline this offer of admission, please log back into your application, and under 'Applications' click 'Respond'. Please choose the option that is applicable to your enrollment intentions.
Please note: Make sure to review the billing and payment information and deadlines on your KeanWISE account when you register. Your financial aid allocation, final payment or establishment of a payment plan must be made by the posted deadline, or your schedule may be forfeited. Please review the following link regarding the Financial Obligation Agreement, payment deadlines and forfeiture policies.
It is important to note that admission to Kean University/Kean Ocean is contingent upon successful completion of all courses currently in progress. The University reserves the right to rescind or change the decision should subsequent information provided not be in accordance with the University's admission policies.
Immunization records are required for all students. Students now have the access to upload immunization record documentation directly. For information on how to submit immunization records please click here. Records must be submitted through the student portal. Please adhere to the deadlines for records submission to ensure there is no delay in registering.
For questions or assistance, contact Student Health Services at 908-737-4880.
If you have not already done so, complete the FAFSA and ensure you identify Kean University as a recipient. Our school code is 002622. More information about financial aid can be found through the Office of Financial Aid. If you have not already done so, please arrange to submit one of the following documents:
- A copy of your U.S. High School transcript or U.S. High School diploma, showing the date of graduation or a foreign high school transcript evaluated by an NACES agency (www.naces.org) showing that you have earned the equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma.
- A G.E.D. verification or other document which is the equivalent of a high school diploma.
- An official transcript from a New Jersey PUBLIC institution showing the successful completion of an Associate's Degree. If your college transcript does NOT show the degree posted, it cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.