Kean ID Cards
Kean University REQUIRES ALL active, registered students, faculty and staff to have an official Kean University identification card. Kean ID cards provide access to campus buildings and classrooms, computer labs, the gymnasium and dormitories. The Kean ID card also serves as a form of identification for on-campus activities and University events. Students may also use Kean ID cards for meal plans, Cougar dollars and flex plans, if applicable.
|GET the App!|
|Obtaining a Student ID Card|
|Kean Flex Dollars & Cougar Dollars|
Kean University is excited to introduce a new service that allows you to manage your Kean ID Card funds and view meal plan balances; anytime, anywhere. Download the GET Mobile app today!
Simply search for "GET" in the Google Play or Apple App stores and use your KeanGoogle login. Once installed on your device you'll be able to:
- View your balances. Account balances are available in real time and accessible 24/7.
- See your transaction history. Up to six months of transaction history can be displayed and information includes the date, time, location, account, type of transaction, and transaction amount.
- Report your Kean ID card lost or stolen. This will immediately lock the card so it cannot be used until you report the card found or have it replaced.
- Deposit Flex Dollars to your account for use at on and off campus locations. Also, you can make requests to others to deposit funds to your card on the GET Portal.
- Explore locations within the app that accept any of our Kean Currencies.
In addition to the GET Mobile App you may access your account using a web browser by visiting the GET Portal. Your login is your KeanGoogle email credentials.
With GET Mobile you're just a few clicks away from the most convenient way to manage your Kean ID Card!
Follow the instructions below to upload your photo through the GET App:
- Log into the GET Mobile App.
- Click on Menu .
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Upload Photo/Change ID Photo.
- Choose photo from your gallery or take a new photo to submit.
Please follow the guidelines specified below when submitting your photo:
- Your submitted photo should look similar to a driver's license or a passport photo (Photos should be cropped slightly above your head and directly below your shoulders).
- You must look at the camera with open eyes. Smiles are allowed.
- Should be facing forward. The camera should be at a straight angle directly in front of you.
- All backgrounds should be plain/solid (no patterns) and light in color.
- The photo must be in its original color (not black & white or sepia).
- Must be clear and focused.
- No other persons, accessories, or props may be included (i.e. no sunglasses, hats, large jewelry). Religious or medically necessary items are permitted (i.e. prescription eyewear or religious headwear).
- Please do not send copyrighted photographs.
*COVID-19 Update: Students who have successfully uploaded a photo through the GET App will receive their ID card through the mail to the address on file.
The ID Card Office is located in the Office of Student Accounting on the third floor of the Administration Building. To receive your Kean ID, you must show a valid (legal) form of photo identification, such as a driver’s license, state ID, passport or military/dependent ID. There is no charge for the first card issued.
All cards that are lost, stolen or damaged are subject to a $15 replacement fee. Anyone who has lost their ID card should deactivate their card via the GET App immediately and also report the card as lost to The Office of Student Accounting the same day. Students who need a replacement ID are to send their request for a new ID to email@example.com.
Each student is responsible for the security of their card. Kean ID Cards are non-transferable, and students may not "lend out" their cards to others. Cards that are used by someone other than the cardholder will be confiscated and disciplinary action may be taken.
*NOTE* Students working on campus who are not registered for current term classes may have their Kean ID card activated with their supervisor’s permission.
Kean Flex Dollars & Cougar Dollars are the official Kean University campus currencies and may be added to your Kean ID Card for convenient use around campus. These currencies may be utilized at various establishments at the Kean University Union campus as well as at Kean Ocean for dining, vending and retail purchases. For a complete listing of where Flex Dollars and Cougar Dollars are accepted see Accepting Locations & Hours of Operation. Flex Dollars and Cougar Dollars may not be used to obtain cash advances or for the purchase of alcohol, tobacco, lottery tickets or money orders.
Cougar Dollars can be used at most dining venues on the Union Campus and are issued as part of the University meal plans Cougar Dollars, unlike Flex Dollars, are for dining on-campus only and cannot be used at off-campus locations, vending machines or for retail purchases. Unused Cougar Dollars expire at the end of the term, are nonrefundable and do not roll over to the next term.
For more meal plan information, please click here.
Flex Dollars allows for maximum flexibility and may be used anywhere for anything including, all dining venues on or off-campus at participating locations, vending machines and retail such as the Barnes & Noble bookstore.
Purchase Flex Dollars
Flex Dollars can be purchased at any time in any amount by either making a direct payment through the GET App or in person to the Office of Student Accounting. Purchased Flex Dollars roll over from semester to semester, and any unused portions are fully refundable.
Transfer Flex Dollars
Flex dollars may also be transferred to your Kean ID Card for an amount of your choice from your Student Account if you have a credit balance as a result of any anticipated Financial Aid refund. Flex Dollar Transfers may be completed on KeanWISE under “Flex Plan Transfer” in the Student Menu. Transferred Flex Dollars roll over from semester to semester, and any unused portions are fully refundable.
Meal Plan Flex Dollars
Flex Dollars can also be obtained by enrolling in a meal plan that includes supplementary Flex Dollars. Flex Dollars that are associated with a meal plan purchase are non-refundable and expire at the end of the term.
Flex Dollars may also be issued by the University to you as an award for any ongoing incentive. Flex Dollar awards are non-refundable and will have an expiration date as indicated in your Flex Dollar award notice.