African Heritage Graduation Ceremony
Saturday, May 6, 2023, at 4 p.m. - Wilkins Theater
Kean University, 1000 Morris Avenue, Union, New Jersey
The 36th Annual African Heritage Graduation Ceremony includes undergraduates, graduates, and doctorates from January and candidates who have filed for graduation in May and August. This ceremony is a cultural celebration in which family, friends, and the Kean community come together to honor students’ personal success and academic achievements in the spirit and traditions of our African culture.
Friday, April 21st, by 12:00 am-midnight
Deadline to submit an online registration to participate as a graduate in the 2023 African Heritage Graduation Ceremony. Registration will close at midnight, Eastern Time.
Friday, April 28th, by 5:00 p.m.
Deadline to purchase your GRADUATE PACKET. (OPTIONAL FOR GRADUATES TO PURCHASE)
The A.F.H.G. GRADUATE PACKET consists of a:
- A Graduate Photos (2)
- DVD copy of the ceremony
Please make your check/money order payments payable to:
Kean University - (write on the memo line): “C.B.P- African Heritage Graduation Ceremony"
Visit the Office of Africana Studies in Hutchinson Hall, Room 103 S & T for payment inquiries.
Remember: Before registering for the ceremony, be sure to have a clear, head and neck photo of yourself to upload with your information. We are asking all graduates to wear all black or African garb attire.
Congratulations, Kean Graduates:
Concerned Black Personnel (C.B.P), The Office of Africana Studies, and The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (D.E.I) have organized a program to celebrate and acknowledge your hard work and accomplishments.
Tips for a Memorable and Safe Ceremony
- Please plan accordingly and allow plenty of time to arrive at the venue no later than 2:30 pm.
- Please remember to wear your African Attire to the ceremony.
- Since part of the ceremony will include walking upstairs, we recommend that you wear comfortable flat to low heel shoes.
- Please follow the instructions of the A.F.H.G. volunteers and staff who will be wearing committee badges. They are there to make sure that the event proceeds in an orderly fashion.
- Never leave your belongings unattended.
- Please be courteous and turn off all electronic devices.
- Do not leave the theater until the ceremony has finished in its entirety.
- No food, beverages, coolers, bottles, or cans will be allowed inside Wilkins theater.
- Refrain from bringing balloons for your loved one into Wilkins Theater.
- Graduates who have an accumulative GPA of 3.45 or higher, will be recognized as Honors of Distinction.
3.85-4.00 – Summa Cum Laude
3.65-3.84 Magna Cum Laude
3.45-3.64 – Cum Laude
REMEMBER TO POST PICS ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER: