Internships for Academic Credit
Kean’s Internships for credit allows students to develop hands-on real-world experience, enhance their resume, expand their network and increase employability- all while receiving academic credit.
- Eligibility varies based on major. Check in with Career Services or your Faculty Advisor.
- Internship must be approved by the university (internship must be submitted through Kean’s Online Employment & Internship Portal to be reviewed for approval)
- Internship relates to student’s professional/career interest
- Students must work at least 40 hours in their internship over the semester.
- Requirements for completing the course vary by department. Successful completion of the internship course requires that you successfully complete all assignments required by your academic department or Career Services.
Steps for Finding, Applying and Registering for an Internship for Credit
- Find an internship: Career Services at Kean is a great place to start with your search. Other ways include finding one through professors, personal contacts, websites, and by reaching out directly to employers as well. Kean's Online Employment & Internship Portal lists numerous internship opportunities in every major. Other popular sites for internship opportunities include: indeed.com, internships.com and linkedin.com.
- Apply for your internship: Once you have identified internship opportunities, you can apply on your own or work with Career Services on your resume and application.
- Register your internship: After receiving an official offer, register your internship through Kean’s Online Employment & Internship Portal. All internships must be reviewed and approved by Career Services and your Academic Department to determine if the criteria to receive credit has been met.
Note: Academic credit is not guaranteed, approval must be granted before the internship starts. If your placement does not meet the criteria, you may be registered for a non-credit internship which will still appear on your Co-Curricular Transcript.
Remember: GO F.A.R. WITH KEAN BY Finding, Applying for and Registering your internship.
Contact Kean’s Career Services at email@example.com or (908) 737-0320