MA in Counseling:
- CED 5980 Practicum in Counseling
- CED 5985 Internship in Counseling I
- CED 5986 Internship in Counseling II
- CED 5501 Survey in Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counseling
- CED 5963 Theory & Practice of Group Counseling PhD in Counseling
- CED 7952 Advanced Counseling Theory and Practice
- CED 7963 Advanced Group Counseling
- CED 7980 Advanced Practicum
As a student, my most rewarding educational experiences occurred within classroom environments that struck an effective balance between encouraging students while also challenging them interrogate their respective belief systems. Out of respect for my mentors, I aim to replicate those environments as an instructor. I strive to create a classroom atmosphere that allows individual students to experience multiple viewpoints through discussion with other students. I believe in encouraging students to focus more on what they think and believe as opposed to what I think or believe.
Because I view myself as guide rather than a director, I utilize a collaborative approach in the classroom. I incorporate the principles of Motivational Interviewing within a humanistic, student-centered framework.