Insurance Coverage Updates
2022 HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE INFORMATION
Kean University does not offer a student health insurance plan. Students must obtain their own health insurance policy from another source. Student's can pursue on of the following options for health insurance:
- Students should determine if they are eligible for extended dependent coverage under a parent or other family member's insurance plan.
- students can learn about their Medicaid eligibility if applicable, through www.healthcare.gov (see below)
- Student's should access the health insurance exchange through www.healthcare.gov, the exchange usually opens for new applications on November 1st of every year. (see below)
The open enrollment period for 2020 is still open in New Jersey is now closed. You can enroll in or change plans if you have certain life changes or qualify for Medicaid or CHIP. To find out if you qualify, follow the links under "How to Apply."
How to Apply
- Online: https://www.healthcare.gov/ or https://www.cuidadodesalud.gov/es/.
- Phone: 1 (800) 318-2596 / TTY: (855) 889-4325.
- For in-person enrollment, visit: https://localhelp.healthcare.gov.
UNIVERSITY INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
Residential students and students enrolled in the Center for International Studies program must provide proof of insurance at the start of every academic year.
How to Provide Proof of Insurance (for Residential and International Studies Students):
- Log onto KeanWISE.
- Click the “Students” tab.
- Below the “Other” heading, click the Residential and International Students Proof of Insurance Submission link.
- If you are a residential student who is applying for insurance during this open enrollment period, you must bring proof of your plan to Student Health Services.