Insurance Coverage Updates
2023 HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE INFORMATION
Kean does not sponsor a student health insurance plan. Students must obtain their own health insurance policy from another source. Student's can pursue on of the following options for health insurance:
- Students should determine if they are eligible for extended dependent coverage under a parent or other family member's insurance plan.
- Students can learn about their Medicaid eligibility if applicable, through www.healthcare.gov (see below)
- Student's should access the health insurance exchange through www.healthcare.gov, the exchange usually opens for new applications on November 1st of every year. (see below)
The open enrollment period for 2023 in New Jersey is now closed. You can enroll in or change plans if you have certain life changes or qualify for Medicaid or CHIP. To find out if you qualify, follow the links under "How to Apply."
How to Apply
- Online: https://www.healthcare.gov/ or https://www.cuidadodesalud.gov/es/.
- Phone: 1 (800) 318-2596 / TTY: (855) 889-4325.
- For in-person enrollment, visit: https://localhelp.healthcare.gov.
UNIVERSITY INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
Residential students and students enrolled in the Center for International Studies program must provide proof of insurance at the start of every academic year.
How to Provide Proof of Insurance (for Residential and International Studies Students):
- Log onto the Pyramed Student Health Portal.
- Click the “Document Upload” tab.
- Take a picture of the front AND back of your insurance card.
- Select the "Document Type" as "Insurance Card Front" and "Insurance Card Back".
- Browse your device for your images and click "Save" to upload.