Meet with a CAPS Advisor
Schedule an Academic Advising Appointment with CAPS
CAPS Academic Advisors are available to assist Freshmen, Sophomore, and Transfer Students (Freshmen & Sophomores) at Kean Union and Kean Online with their academic, professional, and campus engagement goals. During the academic semester, students are to meet with their CAPS Academic Advisor at least once to discuss their academic progress at Kean. Juniors, Seniors, and Graduate Students must see their faculty advisor.
There are three ways that you can meet with us.
- Login to Kean Student Experience and schedule a 30 minute appointment with your CAPS Academic Advisor. Click HERE to log in.
- Email your CAPS Academic Advisor directly to request an appointment. You can find your advisors email address HERE.
- Scan our QLess QR Code and speak with a CAPS representative Live!
When should I Book an Advising Appointment vs. drop in via QLess?
One-On-One Appointment with your CAPS Advisor
Quick Question Drop-In (QQDI) via Qless
When Should I Schedule an Advising Appointment with my CAPS Academic Advisor?
It is suggested that all appointments be booked 24-48 hours in advance.
Who is my CAPS Academic Advisor?
Your academic advisor’s name and contact information can be found in your Student Experience Portal. Want to get to know your academic advisor better? Click here to read their bio.
How to Schedule a 30-minute Appointment?
You can book a meeting with your CAPS Advisor via the Student Experience Portal. CLICK HERE to book an appointment. Appointments are conducted either in-person or online via Zoom or Google Meet.
How to Prepare for an Academic Advising session with CAPS?
During your appointment, your CAPS Advisor will go over degree requirements, your academic course map, as well as discuss major/minor requirements. To ensure that your advising session is productive, here are a few things you’ll need to do before your appointment:
- Review your Course Map in Student Planner prior to your meeting
- Define 1-2 academic goals that you have for the upcoming semester
- Seek guidance on co-curricular activities that Kean has to offer such as internships and leadership development opportunities
- Bring any questions or concerns to your meeting
What are the Hours of Operation for QLess?
Monday-Thursday 10 a.m.-12 p.m. and again 1 p.m. - 4:45 p.m. with late nights on Wednesday and Thursday until 7:45 p.m. Scan our QR Code and follow the prompts, or text the word “Kean” to (908) 628-0056.