Kean University has constructed a new academic building on our Union, NJ campus. Designed by the award-winning Gruskin Group™, the firm behind Kean's stunning Green Lane building, the 114,700 square foot mixed-use academic building is now home to the University’s Computer Science and allied health programs including the Physical Therapy and Nursing degree programs.
The classroom and laboratory facilities of the North Avenue Academic Building are state-of-the-art and provide ample space for research instruction of all styles, including problem-based learning, specialized professional training, and interprofessional educational experiences. The 3rd floor of the building contains a new world-class patient simulation lab. The 4th floor of the building is a dedicated space for the DPT program and is 18,726 square feet in size. An additional 2,000 square feet on the 5th floor are also dedicated space for the DPT program.
The new facility offers the following dedicated space to the DPT program:
- 500-seat lecture hall which will serve several programs.; it is located on the 1st floor of the new building
- 93-seat lecture hall dedicated to PT education located on the 4th floor
- 40-seat classroom for PT didactic classes located on the 4th floor
- 3 lab classrooms with as many as 48 plinths dedicated to both lecture and lab skills practice
- 6 Problem-Based Learning suites, each of which can accommodate 8 students located on the 4th and 5th floors.
- 2,000 square foot lab space dedicated to DPT student and faculty research located on the 5th floor