I am first and foremost a teacher. I am also a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). I taught in self-contained autism classrooms for ten years, from preschool up to high school all over central New Jersey. Autism and children are my passion. When I was a paraprofessional, I had a pipe-dream: to be involved in the field at the university level and be a part of the researchers that will change this field, or more truthfully, the world. It is not a dream anymore. Autism in New Jersey right now affects 1 in 34 children. We have to give teachers, BCBAs, and parents the right tools for the job. From the general education teacher who knew she didn’t want to be a special education teacher, to the special education teacher who knew she didn’t want to be a BCBA, imagine what I will know tomorrow. I did not end up where I intended to be, but I definitely ended up right where I am supposed to be.
- ID 3162- Families as Collaborators in the Classroom, School, and Community
- SPED 5702- Educational Programming for Students with Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities
- SPED 5704- Behavior and Educational Assessment for Learners with Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities
- SPED 5705- Applied Behavior Analysis for Learners with Autism & Other Developmental Disabilities I
- SPED 5706- Applied Behavior Analysis for Learners with Autism & Other Developmental Disabilities II
- SPED 7902- Autism: Collaborative ABA Transdisciplinary Intervention