Clubs and Organizations
There are more than 160 student groups on campus. A list of active student groups can be obtained by visiting Cougar Link.
Types of Organizations:
- Cultural organizations
- Funded groups
- Governmental organizations
- Honor societies
- Non-funded groups
- Performance organizations
- Professional organizations
- Recreational organizations
- Religious organizations
- Service organizations
- Special interest organizations
- Student governments
Student Group Recognition and Development
The Center for Leadership and Service recognizes all student groups (Greek organizations, honor societies, student governments, student clubs and organizations) each semester. To learn more about student group development and student group resources, please click here.
Starting a New Student Group
To learn more about starting a new campus organization or club, please view the information about Student Group Recognition and Development by clicking here.
Cougar Link is Kean University's online student group management and extracurricular involvement tracking system. To learn more about Cougar Link, please click here.
The Center for Leadership and Service provides the following resources to all recognized Kean University student groups:
- Student Group Mailboxes
- Student Group Locker Space
- Student Group Black/White and Color Copies
- Student Group Supplies
- Assistance Provided with Room Reservations, Student Group Forms, Student Government Paperwork, Cougar Link, Student Group Recognition
- Student Group Consulting
- Student Group and Leadership Resource Library
- Student Group Development
- Workshops and Training
- And More!
Peer Involvement Advising
Get Involved and Stay Connected!
The Center for Leadership and Service is a resource to all students here at Kean to get them engaged and become integrated in our community. The Center for Leadership and Service's Involvement staff is trained to help connect interested students with organizations and activities tailored to their interests and previous involvement. Kean University is home to over 160 different clubs and organizations, so there is something for everyone! Stop by Miron Student Center, Room 219 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about how an appointment can be made to meet with an Involvement Specialist!
Student Group Lockers
Student group lockers will be available in October 2021. If your group is interested, please contact email@example.com
Commonly Used Student Group Forms
- Food Service Waiver (Updated 2015)
- Kean University Security Agreement
- Event Attendance List Form
- Student Group Advisor Contract
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Form 2021-2022 (required annually for all student group executive board members)
Co-Curricular Student Travel
- Policies and Procedures Governing Co-Curricular Student Travel
Remote Resources for Student Groups:
Student Group Leadership Toolkit:
- Cougar Link User Guide: Getting Started (Updated January 2019)
- Event Attendance Tracking Instruction Sheet
- Archived User Guides:
- Student Overview: Using Cougar Link as a Student
- Group Leader Overview: Getting Started with Your Organization
- Group Leader Overview: Utilizing News, Rosters, Galleries and Documents for Your Organization
- Group Leader Overview: Creating and Managing Events
- Group Leader Overview: Managing Your Organization's Community Service Hours
Student Group Recognition:
Student Group Advisors: