The Co-Curricular Transcript (CCT) is a record of a student’s involvement in educational experiences taking place outside of the classroom. The CCT program is designed to encourage significant student involvement in the learning process by documenting academic experiences that take place outside the classroom. The CCT serves to accentuate the student’s personal journey and provides a holistic view of a student’s skills and abilities. It can increase a student’s marketability to prospective employers and graduate schools, who are seeking individuals who are dedicated to the development of leadership. The CCT is a verifiable university document that bears the University seal. The CCT can be customized to complement an academic transcript or a resume.
The Co-Curricular Transcript reflects active participation in learning experiences and provides an opportunity to highlight leadership, decision-making, team-building, problem solving, communication, goal setting and networking skills. The Center for Leadership and Service provides advisement and counseling to assist students in the preparation, maintenance and effective usage of a functional Co-Curricular Transcript.
CO-CURRICULAR TRANSCRIPT COMPONENTS
The Co-Curricular Transcript is organized around four learning components. Transcript entries reflect student involvement in various activities and must meet the certification criteria of at least one of the four learning components outlined below:
- AWARDS, HONORS & SCHOLARSHIPS acknowledge distinguished academic or personal achievement bestowed upon students while attending Kean University.
- STUDENT ORGANIZATION AND LEADERSHIP ACTIVITIES reflect student membership and participation in University-recognized clubs and organizations. Items included in this component require a record of organizational membership for at least one semester and certification of organizational contributions by the Director of Student Activities or a designee.
- EDUCATIONAL WORKSHOPS AND PROGRAMS are Kean University-sponsored workshops and seminars presented by professional educators, scholars or certified practitioners. Programs credited to this component are designed to enhance a student’s personal, academic and/or cultural development.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE AND CIVIC ENGAGEMENT represents Kean University-sponsored events and activities that demonstrate a commitment to civic responsibility. Such activities promote citizenship, political awareness, public service and charitable contributions.
All official Co-Curricular Transcripts are official documents of Kean University bearing the University seal. All entries listed on this transcript have been validated by the Center for Leadership and Service under the authority of the Vice President for Student Affairs.
Cougar Link: View Unofficial Co-Curricular Transcript of Involvement
To view an unofficial copy of your student group involvement activity and community service hours, students may utilize Cougar Link. To view your unofficial CCT in Cougar Link, please click here. You will be prompted to log in to Cougar Link prior to being able to view your transcript.
Co-Curricular Transcript Management
While many Co-Curricular Transcript entries will appear automatically through your involvement and interactions within Cougar Link, some entries need to be self-entered by the student.
- Awards, Honors and Scholarships — must be self-entered and submitted for approval by the student.
- Student Organization and Leadership Activities — entries are populated through the student's interactions and involvement within Cougar Link.
- Educational Workshops and Programs — may be recorded through event attendance tracking feature in Cougar Link by a student group leader or campus administrator, or these entries can be self-entered and submitted for approval by the student. Please speak with the workshop host to determine how you can receive the appropriate Co-Curricular Transcript credit.
- Community Service and Civic Engagement — entries are recorded through the service recording feature in Cougar Link. A student group leader or campus administrator may record a student's service hours, or the student may record their own service hours using the guideline established for service hour reporting.
To learn more about managing your Co-Curricular Transcript document online through Cougar Link, including specific instructions, please click here.
Request an Official Copy of Your Co-Curricular Transcript
To prior to requesting an official copy of your Co-Curricular Transcript, please review your unofficial Co-Curricular Transcript in Cougar Link by clicking here. Once you have confirmed that your information is accurate and all of your desired entries are listed, please complete the online Co-Curricular Transcript Request Form by clicking here.
The right of privacy is of utmost importance and, therefore, confidentially will be maintained. The official Co-Curricular Transcript will only be released to the student. Copies will not be sent directly to employers or graduate schools. Transcript(s) can either be mailed to the student or the student can pick up the official copies in person Please allow up to four business days for official copies to be picked up and up to ten business days for official copies to be received through postal mail.