IRB Submission Guidelines
All students and adjuncts must be sponsored by Kean tenure-track faculty in order to submit an application to the IRB. In response to state and federal guidelines to contain the spread of COVID-19, IRB office will not be accepting in-person applications. All questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
Application forms submitted by students must be signed by student/C0-PI/adjunct faculty and the faculty advisor.
Required IRB Application Documents
- Signed Paper Copy of the application (PI, CO-PI, and Faculty Advisor, if a student is a PI)
- Signatures on the application must be handwritten
- CITI Certificate (PI, CO-PI, and Faculty Advisor)
- Consent Form (Include Kean Logo and a Header)
- Debriefing Form (Include Kean Logo and a Header)
If applicable, these items must also be submitted with the application for it to be complete:
- Assent Form (For participants under 18)
- Site Permission
- Copies of all survey instruments, including interview questions
- Copies of recruitment letters, emails, flyers or advertisements
Note: Handwritten forms and/or incomplete applications will be returned to the investigator(s) without review.
All applicants, co-applicants and faculty advisors must complete mandatory Human Subject Research Training. Click Here for more information. If your training certificate is more than three years old, you must complete the training again.
Kean University Policy on the Use of Human Subjects in Research prohibits the start of any research activity (including canvassing and recruiting of subjects) that has not been reviewed by and received written approval without provisions from, the IRB.
External Researcher Policy
If the researcher is not a Kean University student, faculty, or employee, proof of IRB approval from their home institution must be submitted with the Kean University IRB application. External researchers must be sponsored by a full-time Kean faculty member. Sponsorship consists of the Kean faculty member serving as either the faculty sponsor (if the external researcher is an undergraduate or graduate student at another academic institution) or as the co-PI if the external researcher is a fellow faculty member or a post-doc.