New Student Orientation
Thursday, February 18
Join new Kean Cougars, just like you, for a Virtual Pre-Orientation on Thursday, February 18, 2021. This dual program, designed to ease the transition from high school to Kean, will feature separate presentations for students and their parents/guardians.
Your Pre-Orientation program will be held from 6-7 p.m. on February 18.
- Connect with the Kean Admissions team, learning support services staff and your soon-to-be freshman classmates;
- Compete for a Barnes & Noble gift card (up to $50 in value) when you participate in our Kean spirit Zoom background contest (digital and physical Zoom backgrounds accepted);
- Attend a Q&A panel led by current Kean students representing a variety of majors; and
- Learn to navigate Kean’s new digital social community to connect with new and current students in real-time, track future accepted student events, and obtain information related to the Kean enrollment process.
Your Pre-Orientation program will be held from 7-8 p.m. on February 18.
- Review steps for submitting your child’s tuition deposit;
- Troubleshoot common issues encountered while completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
- Develop an understanding of Health Immunization requirements;
- Obtain tuition payment plan information;
- Explore on-campus housing and the housing application process; and
- Discover ways to stay connected to your child’s education through the Kean ParentWISE Portal.
REGISTER now for the Virtual Pre-Orientation: Parents/Guardians Program. Parents/guardians who register for and attend this exclusive online event will automatically be entered for the chance to win a semester of free textbooks for their child (up to $500) in Fall 2021. Additional prizes will be available.
For questions or concerns, please email the New Student Orientation Office at email@example.com.
Accessibility Services is here to provide assistance and accommodations for all students with physical, medical, learning, emotional and/or psychological documented disabilities both temporary and permanent. Any student requiring an accommodation due to a disability needs to contact the Office of Accessibility Services two weeks prior to their selected NSO session. Office of Accessibility Services can be reached at (908) 737-4910 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financing Your Kean Degree
Video User Guides
User Guide: Logging into Blackboard and Accessing Your Orientation Session
User Guide: Blackboard Walk-through