New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation is an event for all new incoming freshman students. Each session will give the student the experience of navigating the campus, finding out about campus support services, and meeting classmates. New Student Orientation at Kean University is designed to introduce new Cougars to college life.
The mission is to enhance the new student experience by providing guidance and assistance to students making academic, personal and social adjustments to college life.
Our staff of professionals and student leaders will work with you on everything from completing your enrollment checklist to academic preparedness and beyond, while we support your smooth transition to college.
Orientation for Kean's freshman Class of 2025 will take place in-person as one-day events from mid-July to early-August. New students may sign-up for the New Student Orientation session that best fits their schedule and represents their future college, which is determined by intended academic major. In the event that a college-designated session does not fit your schedule, you may sign-up for a general session.
Additional details with specific check-in times and locations will be provided as we get closer to the specific orientation session, but new students should expect to be on-campus from about 9:30 a.m. until about 4:30 p.m.
- Session 1: Saturday, July 17, 2021 • Exceptional Educational Opportunities (EEO) Program
- Session 2: Sunday, July 18, 2021 • PASSPORT Program
- Session 3: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 • New Jersey Center for Science, Technology and Mathematics, Nathan Weiss Graduate College (Athletic Training and Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences), and the Dorothy and George Hennings College of Science, Mathematics and Technology
- Session 4: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 • Michael Graves College and the College of Business and Public Management
- Session 5: Thursday, July 22, 2021 • The Dorothy and George Hennings College of Science, Mathematics and Technology
- Session 6: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 • College of Business and Public Management
- Session 7: Wednesday, July 28, 2021 • College of Liberal Arts and Undecided majors
- Session 8: Thursday, July 29, 2021 • College of Education and Undecided majors
- Session 9: Tuesday, August 3, 2021 • College of Liberal Arts and Undecided majors
- Session 10: Wednesday, August 4, 2021 • All majors
All new freshmen are required to sign-up and participate in a New Student Orientation session. Sign-up for each orientation session is based upon the college of each student's academic major. Some colleges may have more than one designated New Student Orientation session, but students only need to attend one session. Students should only sign-up for one orientation session.
Students within the Exceptional Educational Opportunities (EEO/EOF) program, Supera (Spanish-speaking program) or the PASSPORT program are designated to attend special New Student Orientation sessions regardless of their academic major and college. Additional details will be provided to EEO/EOF, Supera and PASSPORT students by their program coordinators.
For questions or concerns, please email the New Student Orientation Office at email@example.com.
Accessibility Services is here to provide assistance and accommodations for all students with physical, medical, learning, emotional and/or psychological documented disabilities both temporary and permanent. Any student requiring an accommodation due to a disability needs to contact the Office of Accessibility Services two weeks prior to their selected NSO session. Office of Accessibility Services can be reached at (908) 737-4910 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financing Your Kean Degree