General information on course evaluations for faculty can be found here on Anthology (formerly Campus Labs).
For Online/Hybrid Instructors
The single greatest factor to increase participation in course evaluations is for faculty to express and demonstrate how the results are important and used in making meaningful change. The next most influential factor is the instructor’s encouragement to take the survey and follow-up with students.
Below are some suggestions that can be utilized to increase student participation:
- Please share a direct link to your course’s evaluation with your students via email and in Blackboard.
- For the link, log into https://Kean.campuslabs.com/faculty and select “View Evaluation Link” under the course section.
- Only students enrolled in your course will be able to access the evaluation through this link.
- Inform students that the survey is anonymous and only takes several minutes to complete.
- Let students know that they can take the survey from most devices, including smartphones.
- Please visit this resource for more information about the direct access link.
For Face-to-Face Course Instructors
The single greatest factor to increase participation in course evaluations is for faculty to express and demonstrate how the results are important and used in making meaningful change. The next most influential factor is to set aside time in class to complete the surveys.
Below are some strategies that can be utilized to increase student participation:
- Pick a date when you would like to ask your students to fill out the survey in class.
- Ask students to bring their laptop to class.
- Inform students that all course evaluation surveys are anonymous and they can access their course evaluations from smartphones and/or other devices.
- Share a direct link to your course’s evaluation with your students via email and in Blackboard.
- Allow students some time at the beginning of class for them to complete the survey.
- Remind students to check their @kean.edu email account, including the spam folder.
- Inform students that the survey only takes several minutes to complete.
- Step out of the classroom and allow students to complete the survey online.
Below please find some useful course evaluation resources from Anthology (formerly CampusLabs) for your quick review:
Reviewing Course Evaluation Reports
Please refer to the Segment Comparison tab on Anthology (formerly Campus Labs).
What is the Feedback tool?
- Feedback is a formative evaluation tool for faculty to enhance their instruction.
- Feedback questions are based on years of experience and research of IDEA (see resources below).
- Feedback is available ONLY to the instructor of the course section. No administrator, student or anyone else can access or see your “Feedback” data or results.
- Feedback is not part of your course evaluation and you are not asked to report your feedback data or results.
Why would I want to use the Feedback tool?
- You get feedback from your students directly to you in real time.
- You choose when and how often to ask for feedback.
- Only you see which student gave what feedback.
- You decide whether to adjust your instruction and when.
- You determine whether your students would benefit from additional support, and either provide them with or refer them to appropriate resources.
How do I access the Feedback tool?
- Feedback is available to you from your Course Evaluation Dashboard.
- Feedback sessions for each of your assigned courses have been set up and are available for you to use if and when you so choose.
- You only need to turn your Feedback session on when you are ready to administer it.
Where can I get more information?
- Feedback resources from Anthology: Feedback Formative Assessment Tool
- Feedback instrument: Feedback Questions
For more specific questions, please visit the FAQ page. If you have further questions that are not answered in the FAQ, please contact the Office of Accreditation and Assessment at firstname.lastname@example.org.